GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Daily Berberine use OK?  (Read 104 times)

altermydna1996

• Conditional Junior
Is Daily Berberine use OK?
« on: June 20, 2020, 03:52:12 AM »

I was running high blood sugar after Globalge of mk677.

I?ve been using Berberine everyday for a few months now, and at some points my blood sugar has actually dropped too low (below 65)...I have been thinking about increasing my dosage and possibly take a small dosage with every meal... I am not on any growth hormone products at all right now.

brock8282

• Global Elf Mod
Re: Is Daily Berberine use OK?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 04:04:09 AM »

berberine is great to use everyday, but why would you increase your dosage if you are worried your blood sugar levels are too low? If insulin resistance from mk is gone, i would either drop it, or lower the dose depending on how many carbs you are eating per day.

altermydna1996

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 04:07:58 AM »

berberine is great to use everyday, but why would you increase your dosage if you are worried your blood sugar levels are too low? If insulin resistance from mk is gone, i would either drop it, or lower the dose depending on how many carbs you are eating per day.

I am thinking about increasing my carbs and increasing the dosage with it. and possibly having more if I have a cheat meal or something.

brock8282

• Global Elf Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 04:16:59 AM »

gtcha that makes sense, maybe increase carbs first monitor bg levels and see if you need to use more. i would not increase the dose for cheat meals though, berberine doesnt work that way, i cant really remember right to explain well but  i believe it takes time to to build up and lower bg levels over time, it doesnt have much of an immediate reaction, for cheat meals you are better off with a good gda product

altermydna1996

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 04:18:25 AM »

Ok so... I had a crazy cheat meal last night. And I took Berberine with it. Also took extra Berberine today.

2 hours after eating 2 serving of Greek yogurt with half a cup of blue berries my blood sugar is 134.

That?s too high right ? So should I keep lowering carbs and increasing Berberine to counter the cheat meal?

altermydna1996

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 04:20:02 AM »

gtcha that makes sense, maybe increase carbs first monitor bg levels and see if you need to use more. i would not increase the dose for cheat meals though, berberine doesnt work that way, i cant really remember right to explain well but  i believe it takes time to to build up and lower bg levels over time, it doesnt have much of an immediate reaction, for cheat meals you are better off with a good gda product

Gotcha, sorry if this is a dumb question, but?s what is a GDA product?

TheShadow94

• Junior
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 04:22:03 AM »

Ok so... I had a crazy cheat meal last night. And I took Berberine with it. Also took extra Berberine today.

2 hours after eating 2 serving of Greek yogurt with half a cup of blue berries my blood sugar is 134.

That?s too high right ? So should I keep lowering carbs and increasing Berberine to counter the cheat meal?

Lots of others things you can do to lower blood glucose levels. Taking ACV for example would have more of an immediate effect if you were looking to take something with higher carb meals. Also has numerous other benefits like aiding in digestion which would be ideal with larger meals.

altermydna1996

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 04:24:39 AM »

I use ACV daily. Also have been increasing cardio. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated

brock8282

• Global Elf Mod
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 04:25:12 AM »

Gotcha, sorry if this is a dumb question, but?s what is a GDA product?

glucose disposal agent, i have used and had good results with projectad's matador.
double check my statement about berberine, i could be off and confusing it with metformin, i thought they were both similar in that regard but i could be wrong

TheShadow94

• Junior
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 05:28:01 AM »

I use ACV daily. Also have been increasing cardio. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated

Taking cinnamon is another one that's good for blood glucose levels. Obviously carb sources are one of the main factors as well, different sources will cause your blood glucose to rise in different ways and the demand for insulin from the body will vary. Meal portioning too will help prevent large spikes in blood glucose levels, don't eat more in one sitting than you have to.
Carb cycling throughout the week helps but also throughout the day as well. So instead of thinking of it as 2 low days and 1 high day you can do something like 2 low meals and 1 high meal that way it gives the body a break and allows the levels to lower instead of continuously pounding carbs before they have a chance to level out. Try to work it around your training schedule in order to benefit it rather than just eating certain things you don't necessarily have to at random times. Of course all of this will vary depending on what your goal is but that approach of carb cycling throughout the day works great. Whether you're trying to gain muscle, lose fat or both it's always beneficial to try to increase your bodies insulin sensitivity and not become insulin resistant.

brock8282

• Global Elf Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 06:01:33 AM »

Taking cinnamon is another one that's good for blood glucose levels. Obviously carb sources are one of the main factors as well, different sources will cause your blood glucose to rise in different ways and the demand for insulin from the body will vary. Meal portioning too will help prevent large spikes in blood glucose levels, don't eat more in one sitting than you have to.
Carb cycling throughout the week helps but also throughout the day as well. So instead of thinking of it as 2 low days and 1 high day you can do something like 2 low meals and 1 high meal that way it gives the body a break and allows the levels to lower instead of continuously pounding carbs before they have a chance to level out. Try to work it around your training schedule in order to benefit it rather than just eating certain things you don't necessarily have to at random times. Of course all of this will vary depending on what your goal is but that approach of carb cycling throughout the day works great. Whether you're trying to gain muscle, lose fat or both it's always beneficial to try to increase your bodies insulin sensitivity and not become insulin resistant.

good advice, with cinnamon you its better to use the more expensive ceylon cinnamon. I also have good results keeping my carbs high in my 1st meal, post workout and second post workout meal, pre i like a moderate amount as i dont want a big meal sitting in my stomach and then the other two i keep them relatively low

altermydna1996

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 08:16:56 PM »

Thanks for the solid advice. I will say from my personal experience with Berberine, it does seem to build up in the system.. because my blood sugar didn?t just start dropping day 1. And I did start utilizing GDA for higher carb meals and it seemed to help. Using RPG from redcon right now. Numbers seem to be a bit better from the other day when I reported.

brock8282

• Global Elf Mod
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 08:43:14 PM »

Glad to hear it! If you want to expirement with different gda?s, I had the most success with projectad?s matador. Highly recommend. RPG works good as well though and if you buy at the right time, they have 40-50% sales rather often
Pages: [1]   Go Up