GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you like to study?  (Read 608 times)

Hanzo7

• WIZARD
Re: What do you like to study?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »

I follow Grant Cardone  he's here in the states Miami Beach FL.
Look him up on YouTube Grant Cardone or go to Grant Cardone.com he tells it like it is no BS

It's ALL BS.  Nothing to learn from him, at least with what he presents on YouTube.  He never quite explains how he went from being poor to his first real estate deal, or the first few, just, hey, think rich and you'll be rich.   I don't go in for that.  If somebody has knowledge to impart, great, but a bunch of "pump them up, I did it, so can you" with no specifics is trash I do not have time for.

I suspect the reason he does not talk in specifics about how to go from being poor to investing in real estate is because it would not help him sell to you.

If a link on the internet starts with "Do you want to get super-rich in 2019?" then I do not click on it.  It's not that I do not want to get super rich in 2019, but I do not want to waste my time.

Anybody immersing themselves in this scam nonsense would do a better job concentrating on increasing their savings rate and market skills.

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Nothing there but math in the real world.  No power of positive thinking, of "think rich," no get-rich-quick scheme, just math.  It works for everyone, including you.  Nobody is exempt from math in the real world.

This is why I unequivocally and undeniably never ever to my dead grave waste my time on any of these internet gurus. It often goes as follows, want to be rich? Breathe and breathe in deep. Take a moment to reflect upon yourself and immerse yourself in the world around you. Wait hold on. What the fuck is this, yoga?

Dan Pena is different though. Everything is free on his website and it is SPECIFIC. He goes into his life, who he is and what he has achieved. How he got started in business ownership and the exact steps you need to follow to do the same. The only issue is, even though he's giving you the exact blueprint of what to do as well as defining technical terms along the way that a business newbie like me has no idea of, the concept requires SERIOUS BALLS to pull off. So even though his "students" so to speak, understand what he's saying (thankfully he's American and not British so his language is very simple to understand and not some airy-fairy pie in the sky convoluted bullshit) hardly any of them succeed.

In a nutshell, the concept involves you developing a "dream team." Contacting, emailing and cold-colding top executives and chairmans to form a board of directors. These are your advisers, and they should have more experience in managing and organising business and overall more business acumen than you. Other directors should be accountants, lawyers and a few other business minded individuals. This will really have a big influence later on when you are negotiating deals and approaching financial institutions and so on. It's kind of like Machiavelli said, if you want to gauge an idea of the intelligence of a person, you look at the people he associates with. Business is the same way.

Once you have set up your board. You need to approach big 4 accounting and law firms and tell them about your idea to acquire said business and why they should believe in you. Your mission statement of what you intend to do basically. They must be big 4 or at least top 10 international firms for the same reason, for influence.

Once you have succeeded (if so, if not try again and fix the mistakes you made. You must have balls and conviction and Dan Pena goes through this business mindset you must have to do something like this) now you approach banks. Once they see the credentials of your board and the fact that big 4 firms have approved you. They will give you the nod and offer you 80-100% finance on the deal.

That's what I learned so far. Sure, there are some things I left i.e. what happens if the deal falls through, how to pay the firms to do the work for you (law firms and accounting firms charge a lot) but this is just a summary and that's all covered in the content on the website in the discussion of delayed fees/rolled fees etc.

m314

• WIZARD
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2019, 02:52:44 AM »

I know so many guys who tried becoming software devs and failed and ended up becoming security officers like me haha. Thankfully don't do it no more. But it was the best job I had till this day. Imagine sleeping 12 hours on the job on a comfy couch away from cameras haha

I've been coding since I was a kid, so it came naturally as an adult. It's one of those things like learning how to play a musical instrument. It's easier if you start young and love doing it.

I've had software jobs where I could put in an hour or two of work and spend the rest of the day on bodybuilding forums or dating sites. It can be comfortable, but not doing much gets old after a while.

This job takes more effort. I feel like I've learned more in the last 3 months than I learned on the job over the last few years. If the company does well, I could retire before 50. If the company doesn't do well, I'll be more qualified to apply for other staff / principal engineer jobs in the future. Either way it's fun.

You went into your field the right way. Not many people have experience in business or engineering since they are young. In fact, some may argue it might even be damn near impossible to develop any kind of understanding of these things at a young age. However, I always tell people if you want to go into academia you don't need to necessarily know the field you're getting into. However, you must choose something that fits your strengths. For example, I am pretty good at reading and writing. English and literature was my thing back in high school. Was terrible at maths and didn't appreciate science as much as I do now. So I figured why not choose a subject language heavy. Why not law? And I did for a few years until I dropped out and was pretty good at it all the way through. The problem with most people (millennials) is they don't know what they are good at let alone what they want to do in the future. It's like their mind is a vacuum. But hey. Not everyone can be a high achiever.

It's easy for kids to get started with coding these days if they're motivated. I learned C with some of my friends on the math team when we were 12. That was before the internet and all the educational resources out there today. Most kids just aren't interested enough to get started.

I've gotten to interview interns and junior engineers coming out of college over the last few years. I still see guys like me who learned as kids and have 10+ years experience with coding by the time they get a bachelors degree.

I see more kids like this from India and China than from the US these days. I guess that's how the world works. Everything's available online, so anyone who's motivated can learn. The ones with motivation and persistence are the ones who find success.

malfeasance

• Global Elf Mod
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2019, 04:15:13 AM »

Life is too easy in the U S.  That's why relatively few have the drive to compete with the Indians and Chinese.

Grow up wondering how you are going to eat, and an opportunity at a coding job looks pretty compelling.  Grow up with a smartphone you did not have to work for, paid for extracurricular activities, video games, and endless (mindless) social media, and coding looks "boring" and not geared towards fulfilling my "happiness,"  LOL!
wow

I don't say wow normally but this post is one of the best ever on gh15.org and deserves a wow

bravo,,

gh15 approved
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up