GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are fish oil supplements bullshit?  (Read 1127 times)

testblast

• WIZARD
Are fish oil supplements bullshit?
« on: July 07, 2019, 07:18:59 PM »

I take a high quality fish oil supp which costs 35$ a month.

I could get a vial test or even tren for that price every month, or even 35$ worth of groceries.

Does anyone have any proof that a high dose of EPA/DHA is beneficial? Or even just beneficial for hormone users? (Reduced BP, help with sides etc)

Trying to justify

Biomek

• Global Elf Mod - Superintendant
  • 105kg @ 1m84
Re: Are fish oil supplements bullshit?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:03:49 PM »

Fish oils are definitely benificial. Paying 35 bucks a month on fish oils on the other hand is ridiculous. You are being ripped off.

vansville2010

• JEDI
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:25:04 PM »

Eat fish

Boarding

• WIZARD
  • GH15 South Africa
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 02:17:43 AM »

definately good science behind omega 3's

if not eating fatty fish or organic free range egg/beef/cheese/milk everyday

i would definately pick up some fish oils when they are on sale

im not big on supps but pick some up in bulk when i see a good promo

6g daily dcent enough dose if memory serves correctly?
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue.
Realise the strength, and move on.

Henry Rollins

cakeman

• WIZARD
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 03:16:35 AM »

No.

serotonin101

• WIZARD
  • honor is the morality of greater men
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 04:54:36 AM »

Pretty much they are. The temp at which it begins degrading is pretty low so by the time you actually get the product it's partially rancid. Unless you're getting it directly from eating fish, it pretty much doesn't do anything for you.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fish-oil-friend-or-foe-201307126467
I may look better than most,  but deep down inside I feel uglier than I've ever been.  With every food weighed, every calorie counted,  every milliliter drawn, I fall further and further from perfection. I have become a beautiful monster.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 05:34:26 AM »

they are not bullshit it is good oil just like flax oil is good oil just like olive oil is good oil.. they are all good oils recommended for the bodybuild and any living creature.. in moderation

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

TheShadow94

• Junior
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 09:19:19 AM »

They are not bullshit. They are in fact most likely the best and most beneficial "supplement" you can take. Everyone who is able to take it should, regardless if you are bodybuilding or not. They are simply a staple and a must have year round at all times. Keep them in the fridge.

Omegistosalex

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 02:10:01 PM »

What is actually bullshit is the supposed premium fish oil supplements. Just grab the cheap stuff and you are good

cakeman

• WIZARD
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 08:54:19 PM »

Pretty much they are. The temp at which it begins degrading is pretty low so by the time you actually get the product it's partially rancid. Unless you're getting it directly from eating fish, it pretty much doesn't do anything for you.

The gelcaps are usually airtight (there is some heat which is used when they are pressed) however afterwards kept at room temp in a uv protecting "fade" there shouldnt be that much destabilization.

To buy them in their liquid form would be more optimal.

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »

The gelcaps are usually airtight (there is some heat which is used when they are pressed) however afterwards kept at room temp in a uv protecting "fade" there shouldnt be that much destabilization.

To buy them in their liquid form would be more optimal.
Air tight wouldn't matter. It still reaches the temp required to going rancid before the oil even enters the gel cap. Also studies show that the fish oil even when Consumed directly from fish doesn't do jack shit. It's regarded as the biggest scam in the supplement industry next to bcaas. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzECykc4fI&feature=youtu.be
I may look better than most,  but deep down inside I feel uglier than I've ever been.  With every food weighed, every calorie counted,  every milliliter drawn, I fall further and further from perfection. I have become a beautiful monster.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 06:38:19 AM »

simply not true

fish oil and flax are great for hair.. and it is very noticeable if you raise animals on those products wether part of the food or as supplemental.. dogs who take them have wonderful soft looking hair and i tested many many many animals for this particular products.. they work rancid or not rancid lol they work and work well.. and im talking here hair.. i don't even mention the other benefits

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 07:54:34 AM »

So far we have evidence supporting that it's garbage and we have people saying they feel or "see" results without any metric of measurement.   ::)

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »

I see the difference hands on when I give it to a none human animal and when not.. it makes big difference in hair.. huge!
flax too..

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 11:34:17 AM »

I don't look for metric bs I look for hands on results..

I give fish oil or flax for 30 days and the hair look much better and SOFTER like baby hair

hands on rancid or not rancid..lol

gh15 approved

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »

So no results of blood work improving, cognitive improvements, or anything of that short. Just better looking hair. Sounds legit im sold....

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 12:14:27 PM »

who gives a fuck about the blood test.. I look for visual changes.. what I see is soft hair nice hair shiny hair with it.. and without it dull drier hair.. this is hands on

blood test is not what im looking for in this particular case.. sometimes blood test are important sometimes they are not an din this case they are not.. I want to see POSITIVE visual changes and this is what I see

gh15 approved

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »

Blood work is important as the vast majority of people aren't taking fish oil for shiny hair. They think it will help with insulin sensitivity, or their lipids, etc. Who cares about shiny hair when your insides are still fucked. It's snake oil.

tdawgs

• Global Elf Mod
  • Life is not a dress rehersal
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »

I take them regularly generally before bed.

As gh15 touched on, my ex's mother gave her dogs fish oil for their breakfast meal.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »

Blood work is important as the vast majority of people aren't taking fish oil for shiny hair. They think it will help with insulin sensitivity, or their lipids, etc. Who cares about shiny hair when your insides are still fucked. It's snake oil.

individuals take fish oil for various reasons and this was not a talk about insulin sensitivity it was about wether fish oil is bullshit or not and its not.. you can see many positive results out of it.. eating fish is always better but fish oil is also good.. its far from snake oil and I am someone who hate supplements

fish oil is responsible for many many many animals beautiful coats both fish and flax.. there is also great ratio of omega 3 and 6 and its just good all around oil if its unprocessed first old pressed and preferably made in Italy or spain

gh15 approved

Biomek

• Global Elf Mod - Superintendant
  • 105kg @ 1m84
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »

My ex had facial acne problems. She began taking fish oil (omega 3-6-9) and it was completely gone in a matter of days.

TheShadow94

• Junior
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »

If you think it's bullshit or snake oil then you obviously have never taken it or don't know what you're talking about. It absolutely works period. No debating it. If you've taken it and didn't see results it's because you weren't looking for them or had too many things in your cocktail to see what was doing what. You're entitled to your opinion just like we all are, but when your opinion is wrong it's best to just keep it to yourself. Otherwise you may be misleading people who will be reading this in the future and giving them false information.

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 10:59:09 AM »

If you think it's bullshit or snake oil then you obviously have never taken it or don't know what you're talking about. It absolutely works period. No debating it. If you've taken it and didn't see results it's because you weren't looking for them or had too many things in your cocktail to see what was doing what. You're entitled to your opinion just like we all are, but when your opinion is wrong it's best to just keep it to yourself. Otherwise you may be misleading people who will be reading this in the future and giving them false information.
It's not opinion dipshit. Just like people guessing what their estrogen is trying to treat symptoms. Your "feel" doesn't mean shit. Tons of people die every day who "feel" fine. I've taken it and stopped when it wasn't doing shit for me. Placebo effect is strong with this group.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »

^its not magic.. its not legit kigtropin.. its a damn oil

its very good oil just like olive oil and flax oil.. they are all great for the immune system and hair.. you can clearly see it on smaller animals than humans

gh15 approved

TheShadow94

• Junior
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »

It's not opinion dipshit. Just like people guessing what their estrogen is trying to treat symptoms. Your "feel" doesn't mean shit. Tons of people die every day who "feel" fine. I've taken it and stopped when it wasn't doing shit for me. Placebo effect is strong with this group.

There's no need for name calling. I'll try to be respectful and remember the golden rule, but by reading your comments i'm not sure if you're "trolling" or not. In any case I disagree with your statements on fish oil as do the majority of people do. I'm not trying to sell you anything or tell you to take them. I just don't like seeing incorrect/misleading or plain stupidity in posts on here as this is a place where people come for knowledge and proper guidance.

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2019, 12:55:37 AM »

There's no need for name calling. I'll try to be respectful and remember the golden rule, but by reading your comments i'm not sure if you're "trolling" or not. In any case I disagree with your statements on fish oil as do the majority of people do. I'm not trying to sell you anything or tell you to take them. I just don't like seeing incorrect/misleading or plain stupidity in posts on here as this is a place where people come for knowledge and proper guidance.
Exactly. This entire thread is incorrect and misleading because people are going off of feel instead of empirical evidence. I provided a link with tons of studies done that show fish oil doesn't work and is likely to cause more harm than good. Everyone else: oh but I feel a difference. Your opinion and the way you feel doesn't hold up to scientific scrutiny and thus doesn't matter. I felt fine smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day but my vitals and blood work showed differently. People feel fine with stage 4 terminal cancer in cases. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean that you are. So until you or anyone else comes to the table with credible research and evidence instead of personal anecdotes based on the way you feel, the evidence points towards it doesn't work and is often harmful. If you can't accept and adopt it or refute it, you're not ignorant anymore as the evidence is laid out in front of you, you're just plain stupid.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019, 05:11:26 AM »

once again you show signs of gullibility

you smoked 2 packs a day and didn't see signs? whats the connection?

I see signs on a daily basis on all animals that specific oils make them look LOOK NOT FEEL BUT LOOK better.. from coat to skin and I see it all the time.. SEE NOT FEEL

blood test mean shit if yo uknew anything about blood tests or anything about me you would know im never wrong NEVER wrong..

blood test = shit.. go check for cbc one day everything is fine.. the next week you got huge elevation of white blood cells and tumor.. blood test is a moment in time.. just like blood sugar is a moment in time just like blood pressure is a moment in time

what counts is what I see with my eyes when it comes to oils so stop the balonie with the blood tests

blood tests matter when it is a condition you need to  handle aka diabetes or heart condition but for healthy individuals overall.. they want to SEE difference and oh they do

and this is coming from someone who despise supplements.. someone who lcant stand snake oils and someone who taught you all about the damage of snake oil and the ineffectiveness of that rubbish

fish oil is great.. it is great coming from a fish or from the bottle..

I do not recommend the pills I recommend the actual oil.. and preferably to get it from the fish itself by eating fish but even if its the oil itself that is part of the food it wont do you harm it can only benefit you if within specified date of use

gh15 approved

TheShadow94

• Junior
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019, 06:12:10 AM »

Exactly. This entire thread is incorrect and misleading because people are going off of feel instead of empirical evidence. I provided a link with tons of studies done that show fish oil doesn't work and is likely to cause more harm than good. Everyone else: oh but I feel a difference. Your opinion and the way you feel doesn't hold up to scientific scrutiny and thus doesn't matter. I felt fine smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day but my vitals and blood work showed differently. People feel fine with stage 4 terminal cancer in cases. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean that you are. So until you or anyone else comes to the table with credible research and evidence instead of personal anecdotes based on the way you feel, the evidence points towards it doesn't work and is often harmful. If you can't accept and adopt it or refute it, you're not ignorant anymore as the evidence is laid out in front of you, you're just plain stupid.

You know, with the name serotonin you don't seem all that happy :)
You're acting as if someone told you that if you take fish oil your shoulders will look like Kevin's.
I'd rather not continue this discussion as it seems like it's turning into an argument more than a debate.
Hope you have a good day buddy.

serotonin101

• WIZARD
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019, 08:03:14 AM »

You know, with the name serotonin you don't seem all that happy :)
You're acting as if someone told you that if you take fish oil your shoulders will look like Kevin's.
I'd rather not continue this discussion as it seems like it's turning into an argument more than a debate.
Hope you have a good day buddy.
There was never a debate as you or anyone else never brought any evidence to the table. It's been a one sided teaching but with a classroom not willing to learn. At this time I see people are too gullible and just take what the supplement industry has told them is a healthy supplement and believed them. Sad sad sad. And I am happy, personally I don't give a shit what you people spend your money on. Why would I let a bunch of people on the internet ruin my day? You're nobodies to me.

Atixtman

• WIZARD
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »

Most Standard, generic fish oil is rancid and inferior to cod liver oil and or krill oil. Choose these two over fish oil ALWAYS. Apparently halibut liver oil is the best and highest in vitamin A. I?ll have to try. My skin quality always improves when taking an omega 3 supplement. Never noticed the supposed joint benefits, though.
"John 3:16"

"Ephesians 6:10-18 - The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil?s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, ...."

YouTube soon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up