GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: supplement for high cholesterol  (Read 1292 times)

Masterbrass

• Conditional Junior
supplement for high cholesterol
« on: April 05, 2018, 09:52:08 PM »

anyone find something that works to bring down high cholesterol blood levels?

lntense

• Junior
Re: supplement for high cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:59:05 PM »

Quality omega 3s
garlic
sterols
niacin

No matter what supplements you take you can't supplement to fix a poor diet. Also genetics are a primary factor.

fitbloke010

• WIZARD
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:43:41 PM »

If your LDL is high, main thing is to clean up the diet. Reduce sugar intake.  Add more fibre into your diet. 

Masterbrass

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »

Quality omega 3s
garlic
sterols
niacin

No matter what supplements you take you can't supplement to fix a poor diet. Also genetics are a primary factor.

what do you mean by quality omega 3's any particular brand?

lntense

• Junior
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 04:08:24 AM »

Quality omega 3s
garlic
sterols
niacin

what do you mean by quality omega 3's any particular brand?

Purified. I like carlsons, also vitamin shoppes brand is basically carlsons just repackaged.

MusclePunisher

• WIZARD
  • Keep Striving
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »

I use Dr. Tobias fish oil.  Good ratings,  carlson's audio had good ratings.

I forget the website but they tested them All for freshness, color of oil,  taste. Because apparently there used to be a ton of scam fish oil out there. Oil that was 4-5 years old,  just being sold for premium prices.
you can call me mookey the zebra i don't give a flying fuck as long as you come with pure intentions and want to be part of something great

gh15 approved

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 04:34:11 AM »

If your LDL is high, main thing is to clean up the diet. Reduce sugar intake.  Add more fibre into your diet.

That is the right answer. High cholesterol is just an indicator of an underlying condition. Lowering cholesterol is the wrong approach developed by barbaric allopathic practices. The cure for high cholesterol is to clean up diet. Avoid certain things, and ADD missing things like essential nutrients and PLENTY of antioxidants. Usually high cholesterol is an indicative of severe oxidative damage. Too many free radicals, chronic internal inflammation.

Top_Cat

• Junior
  • Chasing silverback status
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 11:32:00 PM »

Red Yest Rice

Citrus Bergamot Extract

My go to's for chol management.

Garlic & other heart supps are there along side.
I'd rather shit in my hands and clap!

amutu

• WIZARD
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 06:11:47 AM »

what kind of improvements have you used with the above? have you measured results? Dosage?

thanks!
Running some shit...

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 01:46:19 PM »

what kind of improvements have you used with the above? have you measured results? Dosage?

thanks!

Useless. Cholesterol is not the problem.

Nise1

• JEDI
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

thanks!

It's chronic inflammation..
Very good potential

gh15 approved..

Great Britain International Swimmer
Great Britain International Rugby Player
New Zealand National Figure Champion..

SlinMeister

• WIZARD
  • "Bloods or GTFO"
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

Never had high LDL not even when using orals...

I supplement Omega3, garlic and berberine hcl ed but i doubt that these can do miracles.

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 11:17:25 PM »

thanks!

It's chronic inflammation..

EXACTLY.

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 11:21:58 PM »

I believe, laughing my ass off, that throughout the years reading posts about the same ingredients being used to lower cholesterol through natural ways, the few people hat have had success IS NOT due to some "miracle" effect of these nutrients on cholesterol, but due to the antioxidant properties reducing chronic inflammation and therefore causing a reduction in cholesterol numbers. Still, the solution pass through identifying the main contributing factors to that oxidative damage, wether is nutritional habits, stress, toxic environment, plus the proper essential nutrient intake and high amounts of ORAC points.

Nise1

• JEDI
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 11:45:04 AM »

I believe, laughing my ass off, that throughout the years reading posts about the same ingredients being used to lower cholesterol through natural ways, the few people hat have had success IS NOT due to some "miracle" effect of these nutrients on cholesterol, but due to the antioxidant properties reducing chronic inflammation and therefore causing a reduction in cholesterol numbers. Still, the solution pass through identifying the main contributing factors to that oxidative damage, wether is nutritional habits, stress, toxic environment, plus the proper essential nutrient intake and high amounts of ORAC points.

Well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZt9DQqtZI
Very good potential

gh15 approved..

amutu

• WIZARD
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »

Well worth watching:

so what to do about chronic inflammation then?
Running some shit...

Nise1

• JEDI
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »

Well worth watching:

Knock out refined fructose (sugar), eat more healthy fats...

Sugar increases triglycerides (and inflammation) which increases production of VLDL, which converts to IDL, and then LDL..

Eventually if LDL lingers too long in plasma it can convert to sdLDL, which has greater likelihood of forming plaque in coronary arteries (if inflammation is present)..
Very good potential

gh15 approved..

amutu

• WIZARD
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »

Well worth watching:

Sugar increases triglycerides (and inflammation) which increases production of VLDL, which converts to IDL, and then LDL..

Eventually if LDL lingers too long in plasma it can convert to sdLDL, which has greater likelihood of forming plaque in coronary arteries (if inflammation is present)..

thanks for the advice, I'll look into that video too....

I'm not eating much sugar though, rarely......My Triglycerides are 70-80 (not low enough?).....and my LDL can be sometimes 130-140....maybe even higher.

Also I eat healthy fats around 120-130 gr/day.
Running some shit...

SlinMeister

• WIZARD
  • "Bloods or GTFO"
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 05:05:55 PM »

Well worth watching:

I'm not eating much sugar though, rarely......My Triglycerides are 70-80 (not low enough?).....and my LDL can be sometimes 130-140....maybe even higher.

Mate LDL alone doesn't give enough informations.
Yo have always to check HDL:LDL ratio and usually less than 1:5 is ok.
I.E. If is HDL 30 then LDL should be <= 150

If you are on orals, you know that you can develop high LDL, but once you will stop them they will go down to normal ranges.

malfeasance

• WIZARD
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »

Well worth watching:

An hour and twenty one minutes?  Can you summarize it for us in plain english?
wow

I don't say wow normally but this post is one of the best ever on gh15.org and deserves a wow

bravo,,

gh15 approved

l2play`

• WIZARD
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 08:01:21 AM »

Well worth watching:

Thanks for the link Nise1  :) I'm somewhat familiar with the content Rhonda Patrick provides. Very interesting video. 
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble & the sculptor."

RunningMan

• WIZARD
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 09:02:58 PM »

Fibre supplement has been proven to work, 5-15g daily. Also has a beneficial impact on your glucose levels.

Garlic extract at 1g per day has been shown multiple times to lower LDL by 10-20%. It also increases HDL by a ton.

High EPA/DHA fish oil can lower LDL if you don't have high triglycerides, but if you do it can actually increase LDL. However, Omega 3 do great things for HDL.

Niacin also works but requires a 2g dose and it's very hard to take for most people due to niacin flush.

amutu

• WIZARD
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »

Fibre supplement has been proven to work, 5-15g daily. Also has a beneficial impact on your glucose levels.

Garlic extract at 1g per day has been shown multiple times to lower LDL by 10-20%. It also increases HDL by a ton.

High EPA/DHA fish oil can lower LDL if you don't have high triglycerides, but if you do it can actually increase LDL. However, Omega 3 do great things for HDL.

Niacin also works but requires a 2g dose and it's very hard to take for most people due to niacin flush.

How much fiber in total? What fiber supp??
Running some shit...

RunningMan

• WIZARD
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 06:44:25 AM »

How much fiber in total? What fiber supp??

So I know that pysllium which is metamucil has been proven. 5-15g taken prior to bed is best. I'm not sure if overall dietary fibre would work the same. From what I understand pysllium in a high dose turns into a sludge and essentially pulls fibre out of our digestive tract. I could misinterpreting the mechanism.

I take 2 heaping tsp 10-12g depending on the spoon, as much as I remember while bulking.

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41:51 AM »

Well worth watching:

An hour and twenty one minutes?  Can you summarize it for us in plain english?

Its a very interesting video, to understand in detail the way cholesterol works. Watch it in segments. 20 minutes one day, 20 more another day and so on.

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »

You have to focus first in reducing chronic inflammation, not cholesterol. ALL THESE YEARS the approach of allopathic medicine has been WORNG and INCORRECT, because allopathic medicine IS NOT the proper field for chronic symptoms.

As I have used the same analogy many times, trying to lower cholesterol levels is like taking water of a sinking boat with a bucket. You will never finish. Why? because the problem is not the water, is the whole in the boat. Plug the whole and then worry about the water. Here is the same. The problem is not cholesterol. The problem is inflammation. And the same factors contributing to chronic inflammation rise triglycerides at the same time so its a chain reaction.

Fix your nutritional habits and environmental factors, that will combat immflamuation AND as a side effect, will improve cholesterol levels.

Nise1

• JEDI
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 04:30:35 PM »

Well worth watching:

If you are on orals, you know that you can develop high LDL, but once you will stop them they will go down to normal ranges.

HDL:LDL ratio tells you nothing about cardiovascular risk, sdLDL, oxidised LDL, glycated LDL seem to be major components of a sterol in arterial wall macrophage induced plaque..
Triglyceride is a major indicator of the presence of sdLDL, and a decreased levels of functional HDL...

Dietary fructose initiates high triglycerides, which in turn result in high sdLDL, and lower HDL, knock out fructose, and increase fats to significantly lower cardiovascular risk factors..
Very good potential

gh15 approved..

amutu

• WIZARD
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 03:19:27 AM »

Well worth watching:

HDL:LDL ratio tells you nothing about cardiovascular risk, sdLDL, oxidised LDL, glycated LDL seem to be major components of a sterol in arterial wall macrophage induced plaque..
Triglyceride is a major indicator of the presence of sdLDL, and a decreased levels of functional HDL...

Dietary fructose initiates high triglycerides, which in turn result in high sdLDL, and lower HDL, knock out fructose, and increase fats to significantly lower cardiovascular risk factors..

I've seen the video, but still....how do I put that info into practice? My blood tests measure only HDL/LDL etc....not sdLDL....
maybe I've missed something?......
Running some shit...

Nise1

• JEDI
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 04:06:11 PM »

Well worth watching:

I've seen the video, but still....how do I put that info into practice? My blood tests measure only HDL/LDL etc....not sdLDL....

If you look at Triglycerides, if >1.5 then LDL will be mostly sdLDL and high, also HDL will be low... This is an easier way of working out whats happening without expensive  tests for:

Total Cholesterol/HDL <4.0 nmol/l
Triglycerides/HDL  <0.87
Non-HDL [ApoB100] <4.1
Fasting glucose  <5.3
HbA1c <5.0
Lp(a) mass <30 mg/dl
hs-CRP <1.0 mg/l
Lp-PLA2 <200 ng/ml
Cardiac Myeloperoxidase <480 pmo/l
Very good potential

gh15 approved..

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »

Well worth watching:

If you look at Triglycerides, if >1.5 then LDL will be mostly sdLDL and high, also HDL will be low... This is an easier way of working out whats happening without expensive  tests for:

Total Cholesterol/HDL <4.0 nmol/l
Triglycerides/HDL  <0.87
Non-HDL [ApoB100] <4.1
Fasting glucose  <5.3
HbA1c <5.0
Lp(a) mass <30 mg/dl
hs-CRP <1.0 mg/l
Lp-PLA2 <200 ng/ml
Cardiac Myeloperoxidase <480 pmo/l

Your information and contribution to this thread is Majestic and Remarkable.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up