GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terminalia arjuna  (Read 1357 times)

Arimac

• Careful who you trust,the devil was once an angel
Terminalia arjuna
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:09:08 AM »

Terminalia arjuna (Arjuna) is a tree that has its bark used medicinally, usually for the purposes of cardio protection. It appears to reduce pressure and pulse rate, and may increase aerobic exercise capacity. It has a large variety of bio-actives, with the water extract showing promise at improving left ventricle function of the heart without any observable toxicity of side effects when taken at 500mg thrice a day (every 8 hours).
Other possible uses of Arjuna include ulcer protection in the stomach with potency similar to Rantidine in one study (associated with the ethanolic extract), protection to the liver and kidney likely mediated by antioxidative properties (ethanolic extract) and the cardiovascular properties may increase anaerobic cardiovascular performance in healthy persons (with the one study using sprinting as a test) although this last claim has a lone study in support of it and no replication.

A standard dose for the purposes of cardiac health appears to be 500mg of the bark (water extract) taken daily in the morning without food (no evidence exists to suggest that taking it with food is bad or anything). For persons who suffered cardiac trauma (such as Myocardial Infarction), this dose tends to be taken thrice a day every 8 hours

The leaf extracts and ethanolic extracts appear to be more related to the cytotoxic and anti-tumor effects, but not enough evidence exists to recommend an active dose of these extracts for human consumption.

fitbloke010

• WIZARD
Re: Terminalia arjuna
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »

It can't be coincidence.  I recently started taking arjuna and my blood pressure has dropped significantly. I was on small dose of BP medication.  For the last couple of days, I stopped taking my BP medication and my BP today was around 117/65. Gotta be arjuna

Try till the end

• WIZARD
  • When in doubt, up the dose.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:10:09 AM »

Subbed
Lawless post.

" i dont know studys chikans and balonie ,, i eat chikens thats what i do with chikens ,," GH15

Arimac

• Careful who you trust,the devil was once an angel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 06:44:08 AM »

It can't be coincidence.  I recently started taking arjuna and my blood pressure has dropped significantly. I was on small dose of BP medication.  For the last couple of days, I stopped taking my BP medication and my BP today was around 117/65. Gotta be arjuna
Thanks for sharing, its always great to hear first hand experiences. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up