GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alkaline diet and muscular development  (Read 4708 times)

ironlionxyz

• WIZARD
  • Strength comes from the heart
Alkaline diet and muscular development
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »

Confused on the whole subject of your body's PH balance for growth and development. Do we have any reason to believe a diet higher in alkaline food could lead to a more anabolic environment? I understand what you eat CANNOT change total body PH, as thats needed to be regulated to stay alive, but does that mean we cannot change the PH of specific organs or tissue? I care about PH for more than just growth but i'm curious if an alkaline diet is actually ideal, the rule of 70/30 or 70% alkaline food and 30% acidic, I do closer to 50:50 with plenty of my food coming in the 7-9 range on the PH scale.

Lot's of interesting arguments both ways.

TheCure

• JEDI
Re: Alkaline diet and muscular development
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:52:02 PM »

Well the blank statement that you cannot change your bodys total PH is wrong. You sure can. To orientate a complete diet towards alkalinity isnt really the best option. Acidity is needed for digestion so you want to have certain PH levels throughout the day.

E.g.: With a meal you want higher acidity (digestion) during training or before you go to bed you want to have some alkalinity to help with nitrogen retention and cell growth. (basically comes down to oxygen levels. Acidic environment starves OH- ions therfore leading to too many H+ ions, which results in the acidic environment. As we all know oxygen is quite important...)

Now what i like to advise my clients to do is the following:
5-8gr Sodium bicarbonate before training
8-10gr before bed

Beware of indigestion so wait atleast 1 1/2 hrs after a meal with the supplementation.

With everything you want a pseudo balance. Never real homeostasis but somewhat of a balanced distribution over the day.

Best wishes

GHLR3

• JEDI
  • Trying To Leave Humanity Behind
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:31:05 AM »

Alkalinity of body on Athletes is mainly meant to reduce acid load, specially from high protein diets.
I preach it a lot since i like protein blasts and acid load on kidney is a health concern of mine.

Alkalinity have other benefits thought.

now as The Cure told Acidity is also needed for perfect digestion.

I do like to have 2tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar plus 2-3lemons daily,
spread on meals for more protein denture/broken down/absorption/digestion
and also drink liquids 20-30min apart meals.

Alkaline Water is great during day.

Veggies are good for balance.

then Sodium bicarbonate 5-8gr befored bed
one of the best physiqes and the most potential physiqes on the internet boardings from the amatuers...great potential for pro card

bravo!

gh15 approved

ironlionxyz

• WIZARD
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 03:54:45 AM »

Interesting, thank you two for your thoughts. As I said, discussion oh PH usually gets halted immediately as you always get the "body stays regulated at 7.4" guy, who refuses to believe your body PH can change or be influenced. I'm relieved to hear I was on the right path, and that at least bring some alkalinity to my diet would help mitigate nitrogen loss.

A few follow up questions:

I was under the impression ionized liquids like alkaline water don't make an impact? Alex Viada and Mike Israetel did a segment a while back on it. I'm not sure sodium bicarbonate would fall under the same category.

Could I do the 2-3 lemons in warm water in the AM and ACV in the PM, while having success or do I need more frequency of use?

For sodium bicarbonate, simply just baking soda? Is this still useful if I do a good job getting fruits and veggies in my diet?

Do either of you measure nitrogen lose in your urine? I've been reading about it, seems cheap and effective. No point throwing down Deca/Dbol if im just pissing all the yummy nitrogen out.

Off topic: Cure i'm always curious are you a huge fan of the band "the cure" or is your screen name based off your profession?

TheCure

• JEDI
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 04:12:58 AM »

Interesting, thank you two for your thoughts. As I said, discussion oh PH usually gets halted immediately as you always get the "body stays regulated at 7.4" guy, who refuses to believe your body PH can change or be influenced. I'm relieved to hear I was on the right path, and that at least bring some alkalinity to my diet would help mitigate nitrogen loss.

A few follow up questions:

I was under the impression ionized liquids like alkaline water don't make an impact? Alex Viada and Mike Israetel did a segment a while back on it. I'm not sure sodium bicarbonate would fall under the same category.

Could I do the 2-3 lemons in warm water in the AM and ACV in the PM, while having success or do I need more frequency of use?

For sodium bicarbonate, simply just baking soda? Is this still useful if I do a good job getting fruits and veggies in my diet?

Do either of you measure nitrogen lose in your urine? I've been reading about it, seems cheap and effective. No point throwing down Deca/Dbol if im just pissing all the yummy nitrogen out.

Off topic: Cure i'm always curious are you a huge fan of the band "the cure" or is your screen name based off your profession?

Alkaline water is okayish, not as effective as for instance sodium bicarbonate (or other alkaline things)

Try the baking soda, it should work perfectly.

Nitrogen is best determined via bloods. But that will be quite expensive.

Btw no the name is not from the brand, its from my profession :)

ironlionxyz

• WIZARD
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »

Alkaline water is okayish, not as effective as for instance sodium bicarbonate (or other alkaline things)

Try the baking soda, it should work perfectly.

Nitrogen is best determined via bloods. But that will be quite expensive.

Btw no the name is not from the brand, its from my profession :)

Too bad, I have a large tattoo from an old cure song, I got all excited. Us damn kids and our rock and roll.

SlinMeister

• WIZARD
  • "Bloods or GTFO"
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 12:01:45 AM »

So before wo and before bed sodium bicarbonate is good?

NICE TO KNOW!!! Was thinking it was useful only before bed...

theshreddeda-rab

• WIZARD
  • OPINION DOESNT MEAN TRUTH! NUMBER ONE RULE.....
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »

Does anyone have experience or know about bentonite clay? Its supposed to make you more alkaline. I  took a bath with it and I felt my body buzzing almost. It apparently binds to all the bad stuff and just takes it out. But this bath felt like a decent detox, I mean I just got a headache after, which was shitty.  But I could feel it cleansing my body.. it was interesting

SlinMeister

• WIZARD
  • "Bloods or GTFO"
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 05:43:19 AM »

I feel awesome after lots of time of cardio session, that actually it's walking on my city walls for 2h at 7km/h.
Recently fixed some digestive issues by adding 3-4 tbsp of acv,I put them in a shacker with water and I drink it between meals....

My digestion got better in just 1 day.... I will continue use it. Hope it won't hurt in the long run...
Pages: [1]   Go Up