GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: acai and rain forest secrets  (Read 2432 times)

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
acai and rain forest secrets
« on: September 13, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »

acai is amazing fruit ,, i absolitly love it the problem is that it is very costly for the amount i want to use it lol ,, it is big time anti aging from mama amazona lol

pills is dumb ...but powder and the fruit itself in fresh or juice is the way to go

any information you got on acaii plse put in this thread ,,

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
Re: acai and rain forest secrets
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:24:53 PM »

also capuacu! another amazing fruit ,, we got here many Brazilians who should know a lot about it

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

GHLR3

• JEDI
  • Trying To Leave Humanity Behind
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 12:16:35 AM »

Acai 70gr Bag - Lyophilized Powder - 13.50 euros.
minimal dose would be 5gr - 15gr is plenty.
1tsp (~5gr) have
2.7gr Lipids
0.23gr Carbs
0.49gr Protein

This is amazing Fruit that lots of Athletes use pre workout
on Brasil , usually plain fruit blended with crushed ice and Granola on top

few Athlets like to add Banana Slices or Pure (smashed/blended) on this mix

Its Very Energic Fruit that carry plenty of Vitamin and Minerals with Strong Anti Oxidant Properties.
Acai carry a great lipid profile that is heart friendly
one of the best physiqes and the most potential physiqes on the internet boardings from the amatuers...great potential for pro card

bravo!

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 01:06:36 AM »

^ this is also my recommend  form of sugar along side pineapple and banana,,
i wish it was cheaper,, amazing fruit ,, really you can feel healthier on it and its not placebo i had enough years to try it on and off

gh15 approved

liucas2

• WIZARD
  • Lurker
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 01:54:01 AM »

it is realy good, a shame at least here in my city in brazil they put lots of sugar or guarana syrup in it so it isnt that good

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 02:02:34 AM »

thts why you get the powdr... but again its costly,,

gh15 approved

GHLR3

• JEDI
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:45:18 AM »

Acai is bitter fruit,
so many juice stores use Syrup or Sugar for the every day consumer,
but usually juice store allow you to choose how you want yours made.

top choice is Original way
Banana Blended with Acai and Ice for more sugary taste and added Micro Profile
then you have granola added once blended
that is a great mix of Healthy Cereals/Fruits/Seeds that carry a great Micro Profile as well.

the ones who have a sweet tooth will ask for Dark Brown Sugar as an Extra..

its made from Natural Sugar Cane with no Refined Process, just plain natural sugar.
its very dark and humid sugar, not cristals or grainy at all,
its very thin wet powder that if you hold tight on hand you can make a sticky wet ball with it.

others may want added Acerola Fruit on top

at the end you have a balanced meal with great macros.

also, in Brasil is easy to get the fruit, so you can do it homemade
one of the best physiqes and the most potential physiqes on the internet boardings from the amatuers...great potential for pro card

bravo!

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 05:32:38 AM »

I tke the damn powdr and drink it in water ,, taste blend lol ,, but! many times I also put pineapple mixd with it ... I mix between the 2 ..I put the pineapple drink and then mix in the acai powdr lol

its realy good ,, really good drink ,, this is my sugars pretty much,, this is what I mean when I say sugars all the time... pineapple bananas acai,, fellas always think I eat bunch of cookies lol no my friends ...the simple sugar for insulin I talk about is this 3 ... pineapple acai and bananas mainly..

gh15 approved

sunkus4444

• WIZARD
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 05:34:31 AM »

I use goji berries and chia seeds , those have loads of benefits to ....
All The Best ....Your Friend sunkus4444

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 05:38:52 AM »

goji is very very good ,, I do use it at times too ... yes I forgot about it ,, very good indeed

gh15 approved

deejaypowerlifter

• WIZARD
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 05:48:24 AM »

it is realy good, a shame at least here in my city in brazil they put lots of sugar or guarana syrup in it so it isnt that good

Unless where you are they only have access to those shitty pulps that comes packed with added syrup/sugar all you have to do is ask to prepare without any (or with less if you like the taste)
"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift" Jon Pall Sigmarsson

My work with stray dogs:
http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=38367

My current training log: http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=39992

JackTequila

• WIZARD
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 06:00:07 AM »

Just a few things:

A?a? is often crushed with some bugs called "barbeiros" that carry trypanosoma cruzi, the causing agent of chagas disease, a very lethal and serious heart condition, so only eat a?a? from a good source.

I've also seen foreigners call it ah-kai, which is incorrect. Learn how to pronounce it: ah-sah-ee.

PS - Just noticed that the forum shows special characters as question marks, so if you want to see how it's spelt, simply Google it.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 06:04:45 AM »

^ they pasturize the puree
what do you think is better though the puree or the powdr?

gh15 approved

JackTequila

• WIZARD
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 06:09:23 AM »

^ they pasturize the puree
what do you think is better though the puree or the powdr?

Yes, it's pasteurized. I mentioned that for people visiting the Amazon area and buying from street vendors.

I don't know if one is healthier than the other, but I prefer the puree blended with banana, papaya and a bit of honey, granola on top. I enjoy the juice as well.

It's an amazing fruit. You feel healthier 5 minutes after eating or drinking it.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 06:11:59 AM »

^indeed,, it is an amazing fruit i love it,,

pineapple
acai

my 2 favorites

gh15 approved

shoguntron

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »

I just love this fruit. Usually I drink it after training mixed with bananas.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 08:47:24 PM »

hell yes,,

pinappale
bananas
acai

now this! is! the! sugars! you! should! be! on!

lol

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 10:53:26 PM »

is maqui better than acai? or acai is uniqe due to specific reason?
i know maqui suppose to have double the anti oxidants in it ...but i wonder ...is there anything tht make acai better?

gh15 approved

GHLR3

• JEDI
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 11:24:09 PM »

Acai have Vitamins A C E + Omega 3 6 9
Maqui have Vitamins A C + Calcium Iron Potassium + Omega 6 and 9 (lack the Very Important Omega 3)

AntiOxy wise

Both have anthocyanin, one of the best in Anti Aging Field.

Acai berries contain 10 times more antioxidant vitamins than grapes and twice as many as blueberries.
The antioxidants in the acai were found to be exceptional against the peroxyl radical and could enter human cells in a fully functional form even at low doses.

maqui berry is higher than the average acai berry.

we should look for ORAC readings.

The pulp of the
maqui has a 27,600 value per 100-gram serving
as compared to 16,700 per 100-gram portion of the acai.

I still Love my Acai + Banana Blended with Crushed Ice.
few Granola on Top make it delightfull and VERY rich meal.

In AntiOxy department there are very good itens
Sangre de Grado from Peru scoring 2897nmol/100gr
Green Tea (Pink Powder) from Japan scoring 1347/nmol

I will let here good chart for Antioxidants levels
http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/supplementary/1475-2891-9-3-S1.pdf

bravo!

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »

^man ths fella has postings.. forget about it ...probably the best poster in history of gh15.org which is good 5 years almost,, just wow ,, you really hve very high quality postings in every subject

gh15 approved

GHLR3

• JEDI
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 03:59:39 AM »

^^ I'm VERY glad and Flattered You feel this way.
Its good to be a Gh15er ;)

I saw Your Bloating Issue with Acai,
I believe it should not happen unless it comes with additional things other then Acai..

Usually Individuals who are sensitive to fermentable carbohydrates found in a variety of plant foods like blueberries, onions and garlic etc
 may find that berries cause digestive upset, such as gas and bloating.

Acai berries are a great option since they contain no fodmaps and provide anti-inflammatory benefits to the colon and digestive tract.

the Bloating as in water retention usually are from Acai who comes with additional sugar as Syrups, dextrins and similars like Liucas said about it.
wich brand did you use?

bravo!

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 05:11:47 AM »

i thought it was because i took 8 times the recommended dose...that is 8000 9000 10000 mg at once,, but i start thinking its because many of those ***** hve maltodextrin as binding agent.. nd the company is good it is private company specializing in vitamin and herbs but the problem is that i now read this...its long but ill put it here

gh15 approved

Are All Acai Supplements Created Equal?

In our last article we learned the good news - Acai can be freeze dried into a powder that retains all the nutrients of fresh Acai. That powder can then be put into capsules to give you a convenient freeze dried superfood in a capsule. Does that mean that all the Acai supplements on the market are equal? Of course not - nothing is ever that easy. Let's learn why?

"Freeze Dried Acai - simply the best

There are cheaper ways to make Acai powder. There are quicker and easier ways to make Acai powder. However, the best way to make Acai powder is to freeze dry. The freeze dried process which Earthfruits uses is low heat, introduces no carry agents and retains all the nutrients of the Acai berry.

As we stated in the last article, 1 gram of Earthfruit freeze dried power is equal to about 7 grams of fresh Acai berry. 100 grams of fresh Acai has an impressive antioxidant rating of 5,500 ORAC score but 100 grams of freeze dried Earthfruits Acai powder has an amazing ORAC score of over 70,000! 

What about Spray Dried Acai supplements?

There is a much cheaper way to process Acai and make Acai supplements - it is called spray dried Acai. The Spray Dried process involves heating the Acai to high temperatures to remove the water and spraying the Acai with carries such as maltodextrin.

To put it bluntly - spray dried Acai is a terrible idea!

The first problem with the spray dried process is that it requires heating the Acai to very high temperatures. The problem is that the high temperatures kill off many of the nutrients in the Acai. The second problem is that the spray dried process involves using a carrier agents such as maltodextrin to dry the Acai. In the end, 40% of the "Acai powder" is actually maltodextrin. So, if you see a spray dried Acai supplement that claims to have 500mg of Acai per capsule - it probably only has 300mg of actual Acai per capsule.

Spray dried Acai *****, while cheap to buy, are vastly inferior to freeze dried Acai *****.

Can I just look for Maltodextrin on the label of Acai products?

You can look - but you will never find it! Since Maltodextrin is added during the manufacturing process, it technically does not need to be listed as an ingredient on the label. It is just a loophole in the FDA labeling laws, but since Maltodextrin is a product of the manufacturing process and not an "added ingredient" - it does NOT need to be listed on the label.

If a Acai supplement does not say "Freeze Dried Acai" on the label - we would not recommend it.

What about Acai Extracts - like 4:1 Acai Extract?

With herbal supplements, extracts involve isolating one element of the plant and extracting it. For example, with the coffee bean plant you may want to create a caffeine extract. This would involve isolating the caffeine in the coffee berry and extracting.

When it comes to Acai - extracts make no sense. The health value of the Acai berry comes from the whole fruit. As we discussed in the Nutritional Value of Acai article, there are many positive nutrients in the Acai berry. So, what exactly do you want to extract from the Acai berry? In truth, you want the whole Acai berry - not just an extract.

The other issue with extracts is that almost all are made from spray dried Acai. The only thing worse than spray dried Acai is an extract of spray dried Acai. It should then come as no surprise that the ORAC value of Freeze Dried Acai has tested 50 times as high as that of spray dried Acai extracts.

Don't let phrases like "4:1" and "super concentrated extract" fool you. You want all the nutrients of the whole Acai berry, and you can only get this in freeze dried Acai powder. 

When does an extract equal a concentrate?

Extracts and concentrates SHOULD be two different things, but in the world of supplements the two terms are sometimes mistakenly interchanged. Some Acai companies say that their 4:1 Extract means that 4 grams of Acai pulp are used to make 1 gram of Acai powder. The correct term for this would be a concentrate - not extract.

Even assuming that a company that advertises Acai 4:1 Extract means Acai 4:1 Concentrate - this is still not very impressive. Perfect Acai?, the brand we recommend uses a 7 to 1 concentrate of Acai pulp to powder. Gram per gram, 50% more Acai is used to make Perfect Acai? than 4:1 Acai *****. 

When does Acai lose 90% of its Nutritional Content?

When a company uses the Acai Seed in their Acai product!

The Acai berry is 90% seed, with only 10% of the berry edible. In the Amazon Rainforest, they eat the skin and pulp of the Acai berry and discard the seed. All the research and nutritional information we discuss is based on just the Acai berry skin and pulp. When you hear Dr. Perricone, Dr. Oz and every other expert discuss the amazing nutritional profile of the Acai berry - they are talking about just the skin and pulp.

Companies that make legitimate Acai products use only the Acai skin and pulp (of course the Perfect Acai uses only the skin and pulp). These companies have come up with creative uses for the Acai seed - they make Acai necklaces and even burn the seeds as a renewable energy source. The one thing that no legitimate Acai sponsor would ever do is crush the Acai seeds and sell them as juice or supplement.

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that a number of companies are selling Acai products that contain the Acai seed. These products therefore contain 90% less Acai (as defined by the edible portion) than Acai products that use only the skin and pulp. An Acai juice that has 30 grams of Acai, BUT uses the whole berry (including seed) - by definition would only have 3 grams of Acai pulp and skin.

Consumers that ingest Acai seed products are consuming a product that has been the subject of very little research and in no way reflects how the indigenous people of the Amazon Rainforest have enjoyed Acai for thoGlobalnds of years.

Our recommendation - steer clear of any product that is made with the Acai seed!

Does it matter which company makes the Acai powder?

Yes, yes and YES! As we have discussed, Acai is highly perishable, so you want to make sure the company making the Acai powder is using fresh Acai berries. After all, the best freeze drying techniques really don't mean much if you start with spoiled Acai berries! You also want a company with strong relations with the indigenous people of the Amazon who will be picking the Acai berries.

When it comes to pure Acai, there is one company which we believe offers the best quality freeze dried Acai powder today - Earthfruits. In our next article we will discuss why Earthfruits is a world leader in quality Acai.

Recap:

It is clear that not all Acai supplements are created equal. The highest quality Acai supplements will be made with Earthfruits freeze dried acai. Spray dried and "extract" Acai supplements should be avoided at all costs.

What makes Earthfruits a world leader in quality Acai? We take a look at this in our next article"

GHLR3

• JEDI
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 12:17:25 AM »

"Freeze Dried Acai - simply the best

...The freeze dried process which Earthfruits uses is low heat,
introduces no carry agents and retains all the nutrients of the Acai berry.

...1 gram of Earthfruit freeze dried power is equal to about 7 grams of fresh Acai berry.

100 grams of fresh Acai has an impressive antioxidant rating of 5,500 ORAC score
but
100 grams of freeze dried Earthfruits Acai powder has an amazing ORAC score of over 70,000!

..If a Acai supplement does not say "Freeze Dried Acai" on the label - we would not recommend it.

The one i use and recomend is

Iswari Bio Acai Lyophilized (Freeze Dried)

3 teaspoons of this will be around 15gr of freeze Dried Powder
that will held around

0.68gr Carbs
1.47gr Protein
8.1gr Fat

I would suggest the following recipe

250ml Alpro Coconut Original Drink            (C:6.75gr/P: 0.25gr/ F:2.25gr)
3 Teaspoon Acai Iswari (15gr)                   (C:0.68gr/ P:1.47gr/ F:8.1gr)
1 Large Banana (~115gr)                         (C:26.95gr/ P:1.29gr/ F:0.39gr)
50gr Red Fruits                                       (C:4.7gr/ P:0.5gr/ F:0.1gr)
35gr Graviola (Annona)                            (C:5.95gr/ P:0.35gr/ F:0.045gr)

(if is desired to be higher in Fiber/Jelly alike i would add very little Xantan or Pectin - 2gr is plenty)

This is VERY potassium Rich and with HIGH AntiOxidants profile.
great micro profile in globalge with plenty of minerals and omegas.
Awesome taste as well.

45.3gr Carbs
3.86gr Proteins
10.89gr Fats

If one have a sweet tooth or on a Insulin Protocol it can have
Dark Brown Sugar Added - ~20gr (is mineral rich and natural- non refined)

if one needs more slow release profile make it Granola instead of Dark Brown Sugar, but this brings more fat,, insulin users must get dialed.

Another options are

Rye Floor that is Superior Cereal!
lower in gluten and lower GI, fiber (8x then Wheat) and mineral rich (Mag 62% / K+ 21% / Zinc 37%)also have B complex and B6 will help
with the great content of Triptofan it carrys that increases Serotonin
wich is great as everyone can check on Increlex Thread.

or Whole Wheat that is more poor but is a natural source of Peptide Glutamin
and can be an option.

Those who want to boost as pre workout or on awake

Should have Guarana Powder from Iswari on the blend.

100gr of This Powder held 3.94gr Caffeine
so adding 5gr on the blend is enough to pack near 200mg
with a macro profile of C: 2.95gr / P: 0.63gr / F: 0.15gr)

I have not mentioned but Graviola (Annona) is known to be one of the best Fruits to fight Cancer!
Members should really pay attention to this fruit.

bravo!

gh15 approved
Pages: [1]   Go Up