GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mental Illness (The root and what to do)  (Read 3208 times)

TheCure

• JEDI
Mental Illness (The root and what to do)
« on: September 13, 2016, 07:35:12 PM »

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT YOUR PSYCHIATRIST!

I will help as much as i can since i am in contact with mental illnesses 24/7. My girlfriend has sever mental issues and all of my past partners had it. Familiy members also. I am very familiar with all types and their biochemistry.

So what i can offer you poor souls out there (i know how it feels i had clinical depressiond due to my past), i can shed some light on that taboo and help you. My approach is different, i dont treat symptoms i want to cure the reason for all the issues that are related.

I will post my 2 cents about several diseases here and will give advice. Again i can help you fix your biochemistry, but i am not a therapist. If you suffer from any type of disease look out for a therapist, they really help, trust me.

TheCure

• JEDI
Re: Mental Illness (The root and what to do)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »

First Disease (since its the disease of my girlfriend and her mother and several others i know)

Bipolar Disorder:

Now most of you can google all the stuff and will find out they swap from depression to maniac in seconds sometimes. But why is that the case?

Well pretty easy as some would think, its dopamine and serotonin. Yeah kinda, more likely the whole feedback loop. For instance a lot of sufferers feel very weird and different when they have a "phase", like they cant recognize themselves. But what is the biochemistry behind it?

There are 4 major things that all mental diseases have in common. Thats dopamine, serotinin, oxytocin and acetylcholin.

Now every single hormone has an impact on your behaviour, well being and feelings. If one of them goes to shit youre gonna have a bad time for sure.

Now characteristic for bipolar people is a deficiency in dopamine and a flaw in the breakdown of acetylcholin. They dont get positive feedback, for instance through sex or food where the body usuall reacts with dopamine. Now this is only for a depressive episode, which is mainly due to a very high acetylcholin level. They swap fast to a maniac state tho!

Now what that does it opens up dopamine receptors and lowers acetylchline levels and people want to more and go "crazy". For instance incredible sexdrive, dangerous actions and more due to the receptors being open and being able to feel the rush.

Here is where bodybuilding comes in. We abuse so many compounds that we sometimes overlook their sides. For instance an dopamine agonist is pretty much horrible for you mental health. You fry your dopamine receptors and they become insensitive. I basically induced my depression via abusing cabergoline through that.

Another thing that interferes with that is EQ and its well known effect on GABA. This leads to depression, anxiety and more.

Sadly we are in the spot (some of us) that they have to rely on certain compounds, so what shall they do to keep clear of sides and/or mental issues.

I have a few things that help tremendously (hands on and scientific approach):

1. St Johns Wort - this works great and has a very benefictial side effect, it upregulates liver and cleanses it. Dont believe me? Google cytochrome and st johns wort.
2. Semax Nasal Spray - this is a medication that is used for quite some time in russia to treat depression and mental disorders. It actually is on the same level as aspirin on their FDA approved med list, thats how good it is. Positive side, it enhances cognition, HEALS your feedback loops and even ups your immunesystem (i vouch for this item, its a staple for everyone who has or had mental issues!)
3. Selank Nasal Spray - was actually developed for depression, similiar to semax but works in synergy with semax!
4. Nootropics alongside the above to enhance recreation of neurons and neurotransmitter receptors (personal favorite Noopept)
5. Oxytocin peptide -  now this is a tricky one and i will go into detail later on

These 4-5 Items are essential for anyone who has mental issues. I actually encourage you to look into them. Another fact, get off SSRIS if you can. They are really as bad as people say. Not only do they make you a living stone but also it interferes with your hormonal feedback and your bodybuilding related goals (3AHSD, DHT, GH feedbackloops!)

If you have questions and want to help yourself feel free to write in this thread. If you are very desperate, please search for medical help as well! A therapy is only a small step but it helps literally everyone.

We deal with so much shit everyday and sometimes we need to balance it.

AcuraTL13

• WIZARD
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 08:07:22 PM »

Thanks man.  This is extremely thoughtful of you... most of us who are avid bodybuilders, into setting goals for ourselves, seeking perfection, etc. tend to be more "Type A" in terms of personality.. resulting in a lot of unnecessary anxiety and stress, simply due to the way our mind works... constantly dwelling on past events, or stressing about future events... because of this, we very rarely get to fully enjoy the present moment.

Not trying to steal your thread, but want to offer some suggestions... I just turned 30 in July and have battled with my mind throughout my entire life... whether it was related to an upcoming sports competition, an interview for a job, or even something as simple as hanging out with friends... I would play through scenarios in my mind, always thinking and expecting the WORST... yet it almost always had a great outcome... anyways, enough rambling.  I am by no means religious... have NOTHING against it... raised Lutheran and went to Sunday school until I was maybe 10, when my parents let my brother and I decide... and we stopped going.  Would consider myself atheist.  However, I realized I was missing something in life... I had everything, yet never found myself "at peace."  I am very fortunately to have found a beautiful wife with whom I have two beautiful children with (3 year old daughter, 8 month old son)... got my MBA and Master's in Finance... have a great job that allows my wife to stay at home with our children... yet I still found myself "unhappy" at times and still seeking SOMETHING... but did not know what.  Still just felt like I was going through the motions, "waiting to start my life."  It made NO sense.  Discussed this with a very close friend of mine that I went to high school with who has a very similar personality (and also battled depression throughout his childhood and still does from time to time)... he introduced me to the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

I did the Amazon audible free trial and used my first credit to get this book.  ~7.5 hours long, and I listen to it during my commute to work.  It has completely changed my perspective on life in the most profound way.  I highly suggest this book to ANYONE... whether or not you are religious, spiritual, atheist, etc.  If you often find yourself dwelling on past events (no matter how small... maybe something you said to someone that you wish you hadn't...) or constantly "waiting" and looking to the future for satisfaction/happiness (i.e. waiting for that next promotion... waiting to gain 10lbs of muscle... waiting to "start your life"...)... please take a look at this book.  If you really listen to it and work on changing the things he discusses, I guarantee you will feel much more at peace with your life...

Again, very sorry for jumping in, but I saw this thread and felt the need to share this with others.  I have listened to the book about 4 times already, and continue to every time I drive into/home from work.  It isn't anything radical, but yet nobody ever realizes it themselves.

Audible
https://www.amazon.com/The-Power-of-Now/dp/B00005AAPL/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1473767277&sr=8-1

Paperback
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Guide-Spiritual-Enlightenment/dp/1577314808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473767277&sr=8-1&keywords=the+power+of+now

If you end up listening to/reading this book and enjoy its contents, please share with family and friends that you believe it could also help.

TheCure

• JEDI
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

Thats what this thread is for. No one goes through life without issues. We all have our downs. If we find ways to get us out of there we will have a better life!

Will check your link out, thanks for your input!

GHLR3

• JEDI
  • Trying To Leave Humanity Behind
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:31:39 PM »

This is Really Good of Yours,
Golden Share!

Definitly will help the Unbalanced Ones that needs a Biochemistry Fix.
Not only the Ones with Mental Illness.

This is great for the Bodybuilders too.

on Cruise Times to Recover Health Markers and Balanced Feedback Loops.
We abuse of Lots of substances that interfer with this markers you mentioned,
so a reset on all this is the Wise thing to do.

I seriously advice Members here to Follow TheCure Suggestions/Protocols.
one of the best physiqes and the most potential physiqes on the internet boardings from the amatuers...great potential for pro card

bravo!

gh15 approved

AcuraTL13

• WIZARD
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »

Thats what this thread is for. No one goes through life without issues. We all have our downs. If we find ways to get us out of there we will have a better life!

Will check your link out, thanks for your input!

Ok, great.  I completely agree!  Thanks man, happy to share!

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:51:35 PM »

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT YOUR PSYCHIATRIST!

lol!

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:55 PM »

being serious now...anyone out there.. i don't care who it is ...anyone who has mental issues that are severe should seek psycologist or psychiatric therapy ,, no one here is qualified to help in this department its really not internet therapy when it comes to such sensitive issues it is a face to face therapy that takes a lot of interacting in real life... that no internet can solve in 2016

information on the internet ...on forum can help the ones who are going tru little off times moody times ...light depression ...but serious disorders and issues should only be observed and discussed with a professional outside the internet face to face that have dealt with them many years and have hands on experience with them,, again I'm talking about serious issues not the light ones,, you never know the problem in someones head or soul behind a screen it is impossible to know in 2016 in this dimensional space... as soon as the human specie become telepathic centuries from now it will be much easier and those mental disorders will be eliminated way before that century

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

AcuraTL13

• WIZARD
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 12:36:15 AM »

being serious now...anyone out there.. i don't care who it is ...anyone who has mental issues that are severe should seek psycologist or psychiatric therapy ,, no one here is qualified to help in this department its really not internet therapy when it comes to such sensitive issues it is a face to face therapy that takes a lot of interacting in real life... that no internet can solve in 2016

information on the internet ...on forum can help the ones who are going tru little off times moody times ...light depression ...but serious disorders and issues should only be observed and discussed with a professional outside the internet face to face that have dealt with them many years and have hands on experience with them,, again I'm talking about serious issues not the light ones,, you never know the problem in someones head or soul behind a screen it is impossible to know in 2016 in this dimensional space... as soon as the human specie become telepathic centuries from now it will be much easier and those mental disorders will be eliminated way before that century

gh15 approved

Completely agree, gh15.  Just wanted to share something that has really helped me with my overall/general well-being.

I am by no means suggesting this as a "solution" for those who are battling severe depression, are having suicidal thoughts, etc.

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »

very good thread great info.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any issue, here to help.

"You may be an animal, but I'm a monster, and im more terrifying" Cyprus

"I don't lose sleep thinking about my enemies, its my friends that keep me awake!" Falcon

kepap

• WIZARD
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »

My girlfriend has sever mental issues and all of my past partners had it.

Wanted to touch on this. Do you think some people(like yourself?) are attracted to in some way to other people with these kind of issues?

TheCure

• JEDI
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 06:07:59 PM »

This is partially true yes. I attract mentally ill people but thats due to me being very extroverted and very helping. I make "friends" easy and people always ask me for guidance and so on. The mentally ill seek something that fullfills them since they cannot. Therefore people who are fullfilled and have a strong will or know what they want will always attract those.

There is another possibility tho, where two mentally ill people seek each other to complete them. This usually ends in a nightmare, since they become obsessed and destroy each other.

On topic, this is only for a little heads up.

I have had several issues because of my past relationships but what always helped me the most was talking to people and getting another view on life through their eyes. As much as you think youre objective, youre not. You are always biased, either in a good way or in a bad.

So if you have something on your soul, write it. And even a little "hey buddy stick in there you will get through it, i believe in you" helps tremendously! I have only experienced very nice people here and in the real BB world. Gentle giants as you might want to call them. None of the arrogant pricks, i avoid those.

We should be a familiy where others support each other. The world is already fucked up enough so you should have atleast a little sanctuary!

Fortis

• WIZARD
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »

I have been involved with many mental illnesses first hand...

My GF suffered from bulimia when we met. 

This morphed into annorexia.

Then as we began the recovery depression and anxiety set in BIG time.

SSRI's such as fluoxytine should be OUTLAWED!  They are dangerous unpredictable things that no one could ever really tell me the nuances of thier interactions in the brain.  These cause a very noticable downward trejectory and were stopped as quick as they were started.

After hours and hours of research I stumbled across the theory that mental illness can be caused/proliferated by copper deposits in the brain.  Cu acts as a neuro toxin and can be deposited in the soft tissues of the brain, interfering with its mechanisms.  When the body fails to remove excess copper from the blood it will deposit it somewhere, the brain is a susseptable dump apparently.

We began supplementing with chelating agents to bind to and remove the copper.

Within 3 months Cu levels from hair samples were within normal range.  Previous test showed over triple the safe UL.

Makes you think...

Paso85

• WIZARD
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 12:40:15 AM »

TheCure - anything on anxiety triggered by postnatal depression?
There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised.

djufo

• WIZARD
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »

Animal fat and cholesterol in the daily diet is imperative too. All the nervous system is made of cholesterol, upon to 75% of the brain is made of fat. All sex hormones are made of cholesterol.

Fortis

• WIZARD
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 11:00:29 PM »

Saw this last night and it had to be posted here, just take a few mins and watch, it may change your perspective.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vKL5K_n6Z0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vKL5K_n6Z0</a>

For anyone struggling or living with someone with anxiety, if this doesn't bring a tear to your eye or a wry smile to your face you dont get IT...

BIGBOI

• WIZARD
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »

Looking forward to your info on Oxytocin...

BlackIron220

• WIZARD
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 01:09:20 PM »

Interesting thread!
RIP Focused

max_rep2

• WIZARD
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 08:46:34 PM »

i am bipolar. fucking bad. it is killing me. there is one more person in my brain. i cant stop my brain. Gabapentine helps me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up