GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ***Nootropic Study Stack***  (Read 11933 times)

ranson89

• WIZARD
***Nootropic Study Stack***
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:30 PM »

Nootropic Study Stack
Roon12

The subject of nootropics and their role in cognitive enhancement is becoming more and more popular, particularly among students looking for an ?edge? and those looking to raise cognition beyond what is possible naturally. Here I?ll cover some definitions and lay out a basic and effective combination of compounds capable of providing numerous benefits including:
 - Improved memory retention
 - Increased mental energy & concentration
 - Deeper sleep
 - Decreased anxiety
 - Enhanced mind-muscle connection during exercise

A word of caution, nootropics will not do the work for you, nor turn you into a genius overnight. What they will do is amplify the ?effort? you put in and their effects are cumulative over time, assuming regular and consistent dosing.

What is a Nootropic?
The term ?nootropic? describes a family of brain enhancing compounds and nutrients that act to improve mental functions through several pathways. These include altering the availability of neurochemicals in the brain, improving cranial blood flow and thus oxygen supply and stimulating nerve growth.
They are often confused with ?Cognitive Enhancers? however these terms are not the same. By definition Nootropics fall under the classification of cognitive enhancers, but not all cognitive enhancers are nootropics. The key difference is that nootropics must be ?neuroprotective? - i.e. show extremely low toxicity. A simple list of nootropic criteria is as follows:
 - Enhances learning and memory.
 - Enhances learned behaviours under known disruptive conditions (such as sleep deprivation or hypoxia)
 - Protects the brain from physical or chemical injury.
 - Enhances the tonic cortical/subcortical control mechanisms
 - Exhibits few side effects and extremely low toxicity, while lacking the pharmacology of typical psychotropic drugs

Common Nootropics:
Different nootropics can have different effects so here is a brief overview of some of the common compounds, including those that will be used in the study stack.

- Racetams: A class of nootropics sharing similar chemical formulae, mostly derivatives of Piracetam though they have varying effects and levels of potency. There are various theories on the MOA but they generally act to increase neural activity in various parts of the brain. Examples include Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam.

- Vinpocetine: An alkaloid extracted from the Vinca Minor and Crioceras Longiflorus plant. It acts to increase cerebral blood flow, oxygen and ATP, thereby increasing cognition. In addition the enhanced blood flow has an antioxidant effect, preventing the buildup of Lipofuscin. It also acts to increase the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain.

- Acetylcholine: This acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain, triggering neural responses in target cells. It is unique in that unlike other neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, etc.) it is not ?recycled? (broken down and re-released repeatedly) but is broken down and excreted. Therefore a constant supply is needed to maintain levels. Its precursor choline is found in many foods (notably egg yolks and some types of fish) and this provides adequate amounts for the majority. However since nootropic use implies periods of intense mental focus it becomes necessary to boost the available levels of acetylcholine to compensate for the increased rate of breakdown and excretion.

- Bacopa Monnieri: Traditionally an Ayurvedic medicinal herb, the extract is used for its anxiolytic properties. However it also shows antioxidant properties and a mild effect on cognition.

- Centrophenoxine: A cholinergic substance with mild nootropic benefits. Where it really shines is its ability to reduce the build-up of lipofuscin, an age-related pigment that compromises cellular efficiency, leading to cognitive decline. A single period of acute high dosage of Centro has been shown to have significant effects in reversing this build-up and encouraging the formation of new synapses.

Building the Base:
Use of nootropics for cognitive purposes is not a substitute for the basic necessities of quality mental function. Ensuring these factors are in place will also improve the efficacy of nootropic use.
 - Eat a quality, nutrient rich diet with plenty of Essential Fatty Acids
 - Drink plenty of fluid through the day
 - Ensure adequate intake of B Vitamins
 - Get enough quality sleep each night
 - Exercise regularly

The Stack:
The purpose of this stack is to provide a simple and cost-effective way of enhancing mental function. The components have a synergistic effect and when combined cover all aspects of performance and mood elevation. The doses given below are suitable for the majority of people, however caution dictates that you build up over several days.

- Aniracetam: 3x600mg or 2x800mg Daily (Must be taken with dietary fat, ideally with a meal)
- Choline Bitartrate or DMAE: 1000mg Daily (Can be taken all at once or split with Aniracetam)
- Vinpocetine: 3x10mg or 2x15mg Daily (Taken with food, split dose as with Aniracetam)

This stack should be used on a daily basis, and can be run for extended periods of time. This is actually preferable as the effects are cumulative and so the longer the use, the greater the benefit. This is not something that you ?feel? immediately, it is a much more subtle and extremely beneficial effect.

phatdog

• WIZARD
Re: ***Nootropic Study Stack***
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:47:39 AM »

This is very interesting, could this stack also help with mental focus and include the benefits of deeper sleep etc.? I'm very unfamiliar with nootropics, are these products easy to find?

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:36:45 AM »

This is very interesting, could this stack also help with mental focus and include the benefits of deeper sleep etc.? I'm very unfamiliar with nootropics, are these products easy to find?

Mental Focus: Hell yes! That's part of the point of this stack
Deeper Sleep. The stack above shouldn't be taken within an hour or so of sleeping but the anxiolytic effect of aniracetam will enhance sleep in the long term as well as improving quality due to better memory consolidation.

The Vinpocetine and DMAE/Choline can be found cheaply and easily on Amazon, the Aniracetam is available easily online from a number of places (and is perfectly legal to buy and sell BTW).

phatdog

• WIZARD
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 05:37:58 AM »

Mental Focus: Hell yes! That's part of the point of this stack
Deeper Sleep. The stack above shouldn't be taken within an hour or so of sleeping but the anxiolytic effect of aniracetam will enhance sleep in the long term as well as improving quality due to better memory consolidation.

The Vinpocetine and DMAE/Choline can be found cheaply and easily on Amazon, the Aniracetam is available easily online from a number of places (and is perfectly legal to buy and sell BTW).
Very cool, thanks for the info. I may give this a shot for sure!!!!

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »

Go for it man, post how you get on if you do try it out!

BIGBOI

• WIZARD
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 07:40:52 AM »

Great advice!  I love this stuff.

Shred

• WIZARD
  • Dedication
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »

Have you experienced any negative effects from nootropics?  I've been toying with the idea of trying them for a while now.

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 04:29:42 PM »

Have you experienced any negative effects from nootropics?  I've been toying with the idea of trying them for a while now.
Personally - no.
And I have yet to hear of anyone experience side effects while using them. A small number report a slight lethargy when discontinuing use but it doesn't appear to last long.

Shred

• WIZARD
  • Dedication
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:02 AM »

Personally - no.
And I have yet to hear of anyone experience side effects while using them. A small number report a slight lethargy when discontinuing use but it doesn't appear to last long.

Ah - great to hear!

P

• WIZARD
  • If you're easy to get, you're easy to forget.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:44 AM »

Subbed.
you go to girlfriend...you fuck her upside down ..she go shower aftr right? you stay dirty with her cum on your cock and go to her desk go on gh15 and post for 10 min till she is done then go take shower yourself ...

Ronz

• WIZARD
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 07:35:32 AM »

roon what are your thoughts on phenibut and modafinil....would they have their place in a nootropic stack too?

Galaxy

• WIZARD
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »

roon what are your thoughts on phenibut and modafinil....would they have their place in a nootropic stack too?
+1

Also wondering if anybody knows anything about UK sources? Might start a thread as I'm getting desperate for a good source.
Would running your study stack for 70 days(until last exam) with some modafinil/adrafinil thrown in when I have time for a whole day of studying be effective?
I've burnt myself out on caffeine I think, never been dependent on them but this years classes has been so demanding I've used caffeine way too much and often. Is there a good way to help my CNS recover and get back to normal ? Sorry for all the questions, I find most of the info I have read as unreliable and I see you've done thorough research! Will be reading up on the study stack and afterwards read up on whatever else you reccomend for a more advanced stack.

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:52 PM »

Both have their uses but for wildly different purposes.

Phenibut:
Since it is derived from GABA it acts to inhibut neurotransmitters, but unlike supplementary GABA it can cross the blood-brain barrier. This means it has calming and anxiolytic effects at moderate doses.
It's useful as an anti-stress compound but has very limited, if any use as regards  studying/focus.
Also it may have an appetite-suppressing effect.
However given the mild addictive properties, relatively low lethal dose and it's ability to induce psychotropic effects/hallucinations and potentiate the action of tranquilizers and anaesthetics it is not something I would recommend used on a regular basis.
A dose of up to 500mg taken pre-bed will reduce anxiety and aid in preventing stress induced insomnia but only if used sparingly, as needed since tolerance (and addiction) can develop.

Modafinil:
This is a wakefulness promoting drug with proven nootropic properties. The MOA is uncertain but based oon current research appears to be safe and non-addictive. It doesn't act as a stimulant as such but simply 'promotes alertness' and in my experience allows you to 'get stuff done'. It is very valuable when studying for long periods or when intense focus is needed for a task, but again it's not something I would use daily for extended periods.
Dosing is usually 100-200mg but this depends on the individual, there is no dose-response relationship.

Also wondering if anybody knows anything about UK sources? Might start a thread as I'm getting desperate for a good source.
For what? Nootropics in general of specifics?     (Mods I think this is OK since these are legal products but if not please let me know and I'll remove any source talk)

Would running your study stack for 70 days(until last exam) with some modafinil/adrafinil thrown in when I have time for a whole day of studying be effective?
Depends what you mean by 'effective'. Will it be more beneficial than not running it: Yes.
Should you have started it at least 6 months ago and seen better results: Yes :)

What type of exam is it and what/how are you studying? There may be alternative nootropics that would better suit you and your timescales.

I've burnt myself out on caffeine I think, never been dependent on them but this years classes has been so demanding I've used caffeine way too much and often. Is there a good way to help my CNS recover and get back to normal ?
Yes.
What do you mean by 'burnt out'? Symptoms, etc... And what sort of doses are you/were you using (and in what form; pills, coffee, energy drinks...)

Galaxy

• WIZARD
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 04:12:10 AM »

Both have their uses but for wildly different purposes.

[b

For what? Nootropics in general of specifics?     (Mods I think this is OK since these are legal products but if not please let me know and I'll remove any source talk)

Depends what you mean by 'effective'. Will it be more beneficial than not running it: Yes.
Should you have started it at least 6 months ago and seen better results: Yes :)

What type of exam is it and what/how are you studying? There may be alternative nootropics that would better suit you and your timescales.

I'm studying math and physics:)

I've burnt myself out on caffeine I think, never been dependent on them but this years classes has been so demanding I've used caffeine way too much and often. Is there a good way to help my CNS recover and get back to normal ?
Yes.
What do you mean by 'burnt out'? Symptoms, etc... And what sort of doses are you/were you using (and in what form; pills, coffee, energy drinks...)
Caffeine pills 200 mg. I usually take two right before class in the morning, then maybe again when I come home at 4 to study more or workout. I feel.mucj more.tired in general, normally.VERY VERY focused and energized. But too much working a side job to get money and a bad working attitude/disipline has made me much more stressed out maybe even sad at times. Normally don't feel bad as I'm naturally very positive. Doing bad at school has been a.shock to mee.and.as you mayhe know, math and physics are fucking hard to catch up on. I beasted in school last year but this year I've done it all wrong from the start working to much on the side. Had planned/agreement with my workplace but because of many things happening I've had to work much more than I wanted. Hard to say no as I need the job! And seeing how expensive AAS will be for me I need to get in a lot of money. Next year when I start my bachelor I will be working MUCH less as I'm planning to buy all the AAS I need before starting and therefore not having huge expenses to be paid that I don't want to next year.

Focused

• WIZARD
  • radiate love
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »

Roon should make a top 10 someday.  ;D

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 11:38:45 PM »

Haha, top 10 for what....    ;D
IMO herbal remedies/supps are for a specific purpose. Define the purpose then choose appropriate measures to get there. So I couldn't recommend a top 10 for everyone as what I would suggest you use is vastly different from an obese female or an elderly person etc....

Focused

• WIZARD
  • radiate love
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 12:07:38 AM »

Haha, top 10 for what....    ;D
IMO herbal remedies/supps are for a specific purpose. Define the purpose then choose appropriate measures to get there. So I couldn't recommend a top 10 for everyone as what I would suggest you use is vastly different from an obese female or an elderly person etc....

Yeah that completely makes sense.

The top 10 I made was very non specific. I listed supps I would recommend to a bodybuilder or my grandma or an obese female.

In case you are interested. You will probably find a million mistakes when you read it lol which is ok because thats how I learn.

focused's top 10
http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=28020.msg735697#msg735697

you do not have to read it is really long I simply put there in case.

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 12:51:01 AM »

focused's top 10
http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=28020.msg735697#msg735697

you do not have to read it again is really long I simply put there in case.
^Fixed  :P
I've already read your list man!
It's a good list of supps and most people would probably benefit from the majority of them. If you want I'll post some more detailed views on your list and see if there is anything I would add under the 'general health for most people' category lol.

Focused

• WIZARD
  • radiate love
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 12:54:22 AM »

that would be awesome  ;D

Boarding

• WIZARD
  • GH15 South Africa
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 03:15:50 PM »

Very nice roon, thank you for this. I think if more bodybuilders could read more and had their brains firing on all cylinders they'd have less personal issues with trenbolone etc.
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue.
Realise the strength, and move on.

Henry Rollins

Ronz

• WIZARD
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 01:45:39 AM »

On roon's nootropic stack atm

Ordered DMAE, vinpocetine and aniracetam. DMAE and vinpocetine came much earlier than the aniracetam so I started taking them daily before I got my aniracetam.

Taking 30mg vinpocetine, 1000mg DMAE and 1500mg aniracetam ED.

Also got modafinil but using it as required (eg if I have a long day, or I want to get a lot of study done on the weekends) instead of just popping it daily. I take 200mg a day on days that I need the extra focus + energy.

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 03:01:30 AM »

Very nice roon, thank you for this. I think if more bodybuilders could read more and had their brains firing on all cylinders they'd have less personal issues with trenbolone etc.
Thanks man!  ;D

Ordered DMAE, vinpocetine and aniracetam. DMAE and vinpocetine came much earlier than the aniracetam so I started taking them daily before I got my aniracetam.

Also got modafinil but using it as required (eg if I have a long day, or I want to get a lot of study done on the weekends) instead of just popping it daily. I take 200mg a day on days that I need the extra focus + energy.
^Spot on^   ;D
Let us know how you get on man!

ncz

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »

Shred

• WIZARD
  • Dedication
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »

Results so far?

Ronz

• WIZARD
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »

Results so far?

Don't feel a difference at all. However, I've only been using it for just under 3 weeks so far and as mentioned this shit will take time to work... so I wasn't expecting any changes at this stage.

ranson89

• WIZARD
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »

Results so far?

Don't feel a difference at all. However, I've only been using it for just under 3 weeks so far and as mentioned this shit will take time to work... so I wasn't expecting any changes at this stage.
Good response :)

Shred - this isn't something you just take and turn into Einstein. It's a subtle modulation of cognitive processes so gives long term benefits that build up over time.

Shred

• WIZARD
  • Dedication
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »

Good response :)

Shred - this isn't something you just take and turn into Einstein. It's a subtle modulation of cognitive processes so gives long term benefits that build up over time.

Ah gotcha.  Will be cool to see the results down the road :)

akmc231

• WIZARD
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 02:08:00 AM »

I find that modafinil is a great alternative to amphetamine drugs that people abuse for studying purposes. It completely gets rid of that tired lazy feeling you get when studying, and gives you a clear mind and makes it much easier to focus. May not be recommended for everyone, but I have been taking modafinil + ephedrine + caffeine on weekends when studying all day and it is a great combination for when it's time to get shit done

dax

• WIZARD
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:18 AM »

i use a simpler stack and i love it.... caffiene theanine noopept.. great focus + energy
Athlete.
Currently off.

akmc231

• WIZARD
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 02:48:33 AM »

i use a simpler stack and i love it.... caffiene theanine noopept.. great focus + energy

how do you like the noopept? I have some noopept powder but have not tried it yet. I read some thread where some guy was sayng it fukked up his brain and he feels like an emotionless zombie even months after discontinuing. That scared me enough to not try it
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up