GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: vitamin D  (Read 7985 times)

taeian

• Emperor
Re: vitamin D
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 02:47:10 AM »

One thing I hate when doctors say u need more vitamin d. Here take absurd dose to get levels up nothing else..

Ok so we get to much calcium from all foods added with extra. We eat four times calcium then Japanese women yet suffer hundred times osteoporosis rates. So we over load calcium n sometimes d. So d helps uptake of calcium to blood. Creating more arterial calcification. Number one leader of heart disease. Aka bodybuilders making our hearts worse.

Why don't doctors say now u need k2 as k2 will tkae the calcium d let in. Out of blood into bones. And proven to rprevent n reverse arterial calcification.  France study where they ate twice as much k2 I think it was twice anyways suffered. Over 50 percent less heart disease then us. Since there cows eat grass so butter etc has k2 in it where we don't get it.

So we taking steroids which I think makes it tiny tiny tiny bit worse. But add all this calcium we are fuxking ourselfs over. So let's prevent it.  N reverse damage done.

Doctors just a sick circle take this d to help with d problems so we get u heart disease n ull be back for more visists n surgeries.

Look up galaky Japan synthetic pharma drug just k2.... Mk4 reverse arterial calfication.. n osteoporosis. Yet America says therew no cure.. ok........

Remember I mention this cause d causes severe calcium uptake. We need everything not just one thing to many people like to do creat protocol 50 iu d few times week. 50.000 I mean.

HazZzard777

• WIZARD
  • Hands-On
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 02:56:17 AM »

One thing I hate when doctors say u need more vitamin d. Here take absurd dose to get levels up nothing else..

Ok so we get to much calcium from all foods added with extra. We eat four times calcium then Japanese women yet suffer hundred times osteoporosis rates. So we over load calcium n sometimes d. So d helps uptake of calcium to blood. Creating more arterial calcification. Number one leader of heart disease. Aka bodybuilders making our hearts worse.

Why don't doctors say now u need k2 as k2 will tkae the calcium d let in. Out of blood into bones. And proven to rprevent n reverse arterial calcification.  France study where they ate twice as much k2 I think it was twice anyways suffered. Over 50 percent less heart disease then us. Since there cows eat grass so butter etc has k2 in it where we don't get it.

So we taking steroids which I think makes it tiny tiny tiny bit worse. But add all this calcium we are fuxking ourselfs over. So let's prevent it.  N reverse damage done.

Doctors just a sick circle take this d to help with d problems so we get u heart disease n ull be back for more visists n surgeries.

Look up galaky Japan synthetic pharma drug just k2.... Mk4 reverse arterial calfication.. n osteoporosis. Yet America says therew no cure.. ok........

I don't really understand that sentence? They ate more k2 but suffered anyways??

I also thought MK7 is what we want

stringerjohn

• WIZARD
  • I'm just trying to get ShreddedAesthetics
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 03:19:58 AM »

1000 iu vit d ED, tablet form
I don't get much sun where I live so it's helpful.
one of the few supplements I belive to be useful/effective
Here to learn, amount mass, stay shredded.

Current Transformation Log:
http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442

Previous Prep Log:
http://gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=24596.0

Please Note: Comments made are merely cyber role playing and do not describe intent nor real life.

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 03:20:20 AM »

I don't really understand that sentence? They ate more k2 but suffered anyways??

My bad. I mean they were at risk less because of k2. For that one just google.France study k2 heart disease.

Well it seems interchangeable. Ok so in Japan they eat natto  fair bit. K2 mk7 form. And suffer very little osteoporosis or hesrt disease yet they smoke twice as much as Americans I think it was.

Yet they do have a drug which they choose mk4 version for . For the plenty of Japanese that still eat like they use to. There r quiet a few now days after ww2 who eat off McDonalds all day like Americans too .

HazZzard777

• WIZARD
  • Hands-On
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:30 AM »

My bad. I mean they were at risk less because of k2. For that one just google.France study k2 heart disease.

Well it seems interchangeable. Ok so in Japan they eat natto  fair bit. K2 mk7 form. And suffer very little osteoporosis or hesrt disease yet they smoke twice as much as Americans I think it was.

Yet they do have a drug which they choose mk4 version for . For the plenty of Japanese that still eat like they use to. There r quiet a few now days after ww2 who eat off McDonalds all day like Americans too .

"In her 2012 book, Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox, Canadian nutritionist Kate Rh?ume-Bleue proposes that the explanation for the lower rate of cardiovascular disease in France is the high level of vitamin K2 (also known as menaquinone) in some of the fattier foods that form a part of the French diet. Lack of vitamin K2 in the diet is linked to increased calcification of plaques in artery walls.
Rh?ume-Bleue writes:
The French Paradox isn?t a paradox at all. The very same p?t? de foie gras, egg yolks and creamy, buttery sauces that we inaccurately labeled ``heart attack on a plate? literally supply the single most important nutrient to protect heart health.
"

For the mk4 versus mk7 I read that Mk4 has a much shorter half life, thus mk7 is staying longer in the blood what we need!

mk4 in supplement form is also just synthetic and NOT the same as in grassfed butter.

So I'd suggest using the mk7.

Short: The Vitamin D puts the Calcium in the blood where it causes arterial calcification WITHOUT Vitamin K2. Add Vitamin K2 in form of mk7 to move the calcium into your bones and proper areas.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 03:49:43 AM »

so basically the retard that doent have time to read about the k family...he need to buy vitamin k and take it with the vitamin d? this is what you mean?

time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 04:03:40 AM »

so basically the retard that doent have time to read about the k family...he need to buy vitamin k and take it with the vitamin d? this is what you mean?

Exactly as calcium n d alone will result in a nice big build up of calcium hardening in arteries n lead to what majority of Americans get cause of diet. Heart disease. Add k2 problem solved. Also vitamin a n the other fat vitamins help k2 uptake its a big circle makes u realize all nutrients r needed for proper health to prevent diseases illnesses.

There is a way around not taking a bunch of vitamins but these r good if u suffer speficic problem aka heart diseases speciall as a bodybuilder. We need to very watch out for our plaque build up.

But way around this with taking no vitamins. Eat like a cave man. A tribes man. The tribes when a women r pregnant give the organs like liver to the women to feed there baby's make them strong. N the rest of animal is scrap food to them.

So including what we use to eat n don't anymore is that simple. Eat liver. Eat tendons . Good wya for that is gelatin. Powder its tasteless n cheap all the vital parts that give us stuff we miss like msm etc.

HazZzard777

• WIZARD
  • Hands-On
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 04:06:01 AM »

Yes exactly.

You want the Calcium taken OUT of the blood so it doesn't cause arterial calcification and INTO the bones.

"K2 is more potent and has the widest range of activity. Far more active than K1 in both bone formation and reduction of bone loss, K2 is also the form in which vitamin K has been found to protect against arterial calcification and the oxidation (free radical damage) of LDL cholesterol."

"K2 is preferentially used in the rest of the body to carboxylate the other vitamin K-dependent Gla-proteins, including osteocalcin, which is essential for bone health, and matrix-Gla protein, which prevents calcification of soft tissue, i.e., blood vessels and organs."

"Supplementation with vitamin K2 has been shown to be an effective treatment against osteoporosis. A review study of randomized controlled human trials of at least 6 months duration that assessed the use of vitamin K1 or K2 to lower fracture risk identified 13 trials. In all but one, vitamin K reduced bone loss with K2 being most effective, reducing risk of vertebral fracture by 60%, hip fracture by 77%, and all non-vertebral fractures by 81%."

Vitamin K Combats Cardiovascular Disease:

"When levels of vitamin K are insufficient, high levels of uncarboxylated (inactive) osteocalcin float around in the bloodstream. Not only is calcium not delivered to the bones, which become porous, but it?s deposited in the arteries, which become calcified."

http://blogs.webmd.com/integrative-medicine-wellness/2007/11/vitamin-k-keeping-calcium-in-your-bones-and-out-of-your-blood-vessels.html

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:49 AM »

Ito A, Shirakawa H, Takumi N, Minegishi Y, Ohashi A, Howlader ZH, Ohsaki Y, Sato T, Goto T, Komai M. Source Laboratory of Nutrition, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981-8555, Japan. Abstract BACKGROUND: Vitamin K is essential for the posttranslational modification of various Gla proteins. Although it is widespread in several organs, including the testis, the function of vitamin K in these organs is not well characterized. In this study, we investigated the function of vitamin K in the testis and analyzed its role in steroidogenesis. METHODS: Eight-week-old male Wistar rats were fed a diet supplemented with menaquinone-4 (MK-4, 75 mg/kg diet), one of the predominant K? vitamins present in the testis, for 5 weeks. In vivo testosterone levels of the rats' plasma and testes were measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, and in vitro testosterone levels of testis-derived tumor cells (I-10 cells) maintained in Ham's F-10 medium with 10% fetal bovine serum were measured following treatment with MK-4 (0 to 100 ?M) at several time points. Testosterone and cellular protein levels were analyzed with respect to their effects on steroidogenesis. RESULTS: Testosterone levels in the plasma and testes of MK-4-fed rats were significantly increased compared to those of control rats, with no obvious differences in plasma luteinizing hormone levels. Secreted testosterone levels from I-10 cells were elevated by MK-4, but not by vitamin K?, in a dose-dependent manner independent of cAMP treatment. Western blot analysis revealed that expression of CYP11A, the rate-limiting enzyme in steroidogenesis, and phosphorylation levels of protein kinase A (PKA) and the cAMP response element-binding protein were all stimulated by the presence of MK-4. Enhancement of testosterone production was inhibited by H89, a specific inhibitor of PKA, but not by warfarin, an inhibitor of ?-glutamylcarboxylation. CONCLUSIONS: MK-4 stimulates testosterone production in rats and testis-derived tumor cells via activation of PKA. MK-4 may be involved in steroidogenesis in the testis, and its supplementation could reverse the downregulation of testosterone production in elders

First one I came across I believe another shows it increased testosterone by 50 percent. Another big big reason to explain all our femine men with gynecomastia. Since k2 is basically non existant in western diets. More estrogen less test. Good set up for prostate cancer hair loss and more typical eldar male bald breast n lose of muscle tone at earlier ages.

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 04:11:24 AM »

Id def say k2 is top number vitamin all bbers need. For the arterial plaque. May not kill you at 30 but on top of most high blood pressure and other things the build up of plaque is def going to be the worst on heart and Mena while 1000000000 non steroid users die of heart disease when the steroid user who does have heart problems its the steroids. Right? Lol.

Isn't America number one disease heart disease now?

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:52 AM »

About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year?that?s 1 in every 4 deaths.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. More than half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2009 were in men.

Coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing more than 385,000 people annually.

Every year about 715,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 525,000 are a first heart attack and 190,000 happen in people who have already had a heart attack.

Coronary heart disease alone costs the United States $108.9 billion each year. This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 05:35:01 AM »

you were right taeian does know a lot about this things,, this is great sub forum I keep reading it all the time lol its my favorite lol I swear im here more than im in neverland lol

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 05:45:10 AM »

you were right taeian does know a lot about this things,, this is great sub forum I keep reading it all the time lol its my favorite lol I swear im here more than im in neverland lol

gh15 approved

the proof is disgusting. We have proven studies lack of k2 causes.heart disease. Let alone can reverse it AMD osteoporosis. So we have proof. Yet instead of American medical forcing company's to.add k2 back into milk or feed cows.grass.or add k2 like they add calcium to our milk. Instead. We dont. They ignore it and know what is only way to reverse it. Instead let's have u come to doctor visits at few hundred per visit via insurance or whatever for next few years to.track ur heart disease ull die but atleast we can track.it and give u pharma meds to help a teeny tiny bit.there expensive n lots of doc visits or eve surgery. Instead of using a cheap vitamin be it synthetic or natural.kind.both proven to work.

Good way keep the population exploding like China and good way to make money that's for sure. People use to say China so packed n India cause they fuck like rabbits. How about one in two people arnt dying from cancer n one in four don't die from heart disease n so on n so on cause majority of diet is still from the land n not processed. Expect now there death rates are raising abit but we been on these diets of processed or altered crap for to long n leading the way in.death.

I don't mean processed like many think but do mean altering kirk taking cows.off normal.diet of grass to feed them.grains to.get fatter n cheaper more convieant I mean. Where's grass gives k1 cows can concert easily.to k2 giving us meat n milk of k2.

All these little alterations r just fucking us over bad n make more money for the top guys.

This is why we have to take.it into our own.hands like we do eih hormones. Not evetthijg about hormones they say is bad. So why listen to them about our diet n foods if they lie to us so much alrdy.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 05:55:04 AM »

oh yes I know what you talking about ....I have no more funny smell in my nose ...been on high dose garlic 4 days ...today was my 5th day I actualy took a whole garlic bulb or whtever you cal lthem and ate the damn thing raw lol was so hot I thought I was about to die but im used to eat it when I was kid I put olive oil on it and ate it with the sushi ...half way tru it I had to put it on the pan was fuckin hottttttttttttt lol but then I added it back to the dish and finished a whole bulb of fresh garlic ...

I don't even need to tell you fellas that I have no more funny smells in my nose...the bacteria is gone...uness it was the cns and then garlic made it relaxed ...lol who knows..but I suspect it was bacteria in the sinuses somewhere or back of throat or wherever and garlic got rid of it or atleast  the nasty smell I had in my nose ...its gone ....i was about to go pay a doctor to give me anti biotics then i said fuck no im mega dosing on this garlic i got here lol took 4 days but the sulfar ammonia whatever smell is pretty much gone

i don't want to jinx it ...but even if its back tomorrow ...i know what knocks it out now : )

gh15 approved

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 06:00:55 AM »

oh yes I know what you talking about ....I have no more funny smell in my nose ...been on high dose garlic 4 days ...today was my 5th day I actualy took a whole garlic bulb or whtever you cal lthem and ate the damn thing raw lol was so hot I thought I was about to die but im used to eat it when I was kid I put olive oil on it and ate it with the sushi ...half way tru it I had to put it on the pan was fuckin hottttttttttttt lol but then I added it back to the dish and finished a whole bulb of fresh garlic ...

I don't even need to tell you fellas that I have no more funny smells in my nose...the bacteria is gone...uness it was the cts and then garlic made it relaxed ...lol who knows..but I suspect it was bacteria in the sinuses somewhere or back of throat or wherever and garlic got rid of it or atleast  the nasty smell I had in my nose ...its gone ....i was about to go pay a doctor to give me anti biotics then i said fuck no im mega dosing on this garlic i got here lol took 4 days but the sulfar ammonia whatever smell is pretty much gone

i don't want to jinx it ...but even if its back tomorrow ...i know what knocks it out now : )

gh15 approved

Therew something on PubMed I found while ago. New researching.show 95 97 or something crazy high percent of sinusitis is fungal. This is beluve why anti bitoixs never get job done for most people's sinus infections. Guess what's anti fungal.

Google garlic anti fungal. Also anti fungal.

Another way I treated it was a couple drops iodine up each nose. I sat over sink felt for a good five minutes pouring ourt snot.

If.it.doesn't work.google.iodine nose sinus infections. Also anti fungal works amazing.

Vatic

• WIZARD
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:29 AM »

whats a good dose of k2 mk7 to take if we start supplementing with vit d between 5,000-10,000iu? I live in the uk i probably have no vit d haha

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »

Mk 7. Is generally 100 mcg.

K2 mk4 results have been seen at 100 mcg a day. But the studies for reversal in Japan were 15 mg three times a day . But again this was for people.with osteoporosis. I'm assuming u don't have a serious bone.diseases to reverse lol.

I take both forms. Just to reverse any damage that has been done.from my life so far from lack of any k2 and adbudance of calcium.

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »

My mom has hypothyroidism, she has low calcium as well. Was told to take a calcium supp with vit d to help with absorption. Her level were still on the low side, should k2 mk7 be introduced?
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any issue, here to help.

"You may be an animal, but I'm a monster, and im more terrifying" Cyprus

"I don't lose sleep thinking about my enemies, its my friends that keep me awake!" Falcon

Epy0nnn

• WIZARD
  • Keep your Sources Safe
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »

I take vitamin d3 in spray for  that also has k2 in it.

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 10:30:05 AM »

My mom has hypothyroidism, she has low calcium as well. Was told to take a calcium supp with vit d to help with absorption. Her level were still on the low side, should k2 mk7 be introduced?

Of course that's why it didn't help. N this way the doctor keeps getting visists n money n blood.test visits whatever.

Take k2 as it also helpful so many things look up with diaylis patientis to.

Now she has hypo thyroid.

She needs to fix that asap. Thyroid is beyond important. Google coconut oil and thyroid. Very important natural healthy food.

Also I'd like u to research into iodine and hypothryoid.

Id rather u research into it urself and then follow something like.such 6 to 12 mg iodine suggested by many physicians.  For things like thyroid problems.to helping breast fibrosis to ovarian cyst.  Now ull see lots of readings some go up to 100 mg a day or 50 mg a day that's for u to read n decide.

Also iodine like vitamin d or calcium is bad on its own. Like d leading to toxic lvls of calcium in arteries iodine needs selenium n selenium needs iodine studiec show this.

400 mcg selenium is over all good dose. Selenium in the form of selenium methionine only as its most natural form with no toxic symptoms lurk from un natural synthetic forms heavy metal toxictys. I always opt for natural derrived forms if possible.

Another option is two Brazil nuts a day gives u 400 mcg AMD its food .

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 09:08:28 PM »

Of course that's why it didn't help. N this way the doctor keeps getting visists n money n blood.test visits whatever.

She needs to fix that asap. Thyroid is beyond important. Google coconut oil and thyroid. Very important natural healthy food.

Id rather u research into it urself and then follow something like.such 6 to 12 mg iodine suggested by many physicians.  For things like thyroid problems.to helping breast fibrosis to ovarian cyst.  Now ull see lots of readings some go up to 100 mg a day or 50 mg a day that's for u to read n decide.

Also iodine like vitamin d or calcium is bad on its own. Like d leading to toxic lvls of calcium in arteries iodine needs selenium n selenium needs iodine studiec show this.

400 mcg selenium is over all good dose. Selenium in the form of selenium methionine only as its most natural form with no toxic symptoms lurk from un natural synthetic forms heavy metal toxictys. I always opt for natural derrived forms if possible.

I will def look into it futher I have done a lot of reading on iodine (cold feet), and I did come across bit of info related to thyriod function.

To further complicate things, this isnt or hasent happened recently, the hpyothyriodisum has been for years, only now she is on permanent medication to "control" the imbalances. I beleive she was told once you start the meds, you cant come off, which again ties into this;

At this point is it too late sort of speak to introduce all the things listed above? or will that still benefit regardless of the meds?

"I don't lose sleep thinking about my enemies, its my friends that keep me awake!" Falcon

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 04:11:45 AM »

I will def look into it futher I have done a lot of reading on iodine (cold feet), and I did come across bit of info related to thyriod function.

To further complicate things, this isnt or hasent happened recently, the hpyothyriodisum has been for years, only now she is on permanent medication to "control" the imbalances. I beleive she was told once you start the meds, you cant come off, which again ties into this;

At this point is it too late sort of speak to introduce all the things listed above? or will that still benefit regardless of the meds?

Doctors are always full of shit.

Few visists ago to Inquire blood work I say and a dht test. He says dhea? I say no dht and I write it down full spelling.

He stares. Says not a word keeps typing on computer. I say I want a dht test again he I watch him put dhea on test. I said no dht do u know what dht is. He goes quiet nothing silence. I then say do you know the drug name brand proscar. Or chemical fiansteride he goes yes for prostate cancer.

I say YES . Exactly. I say do you know.how it helps. Hes still dead silent I say it educes dht levels. Blocks certain enzyme go into detail. He says but u don't have prostate cancer. I say I know buy I'm asking for a teat to get my dht levels the levels that proscar help lower.

It was a ten minute dumb found conversation. I could not let it up for days my gf was with me too. I just could not drop it. For fucks sakes sometimes u wonder why anyone trust these people. If they can't even give you blood test you want.

Anyways. What meds is she on can't come off.of.

Generally if its hyper they destroy the thyroid then yes she will never come off thyroid meds.. but if its hypo this is wrong if she's just on t4 t3 whichever. Plenty have came off naturally many forums dedicated to it.

Many add in iodine n selenium n slowly ween off the drugs as well as doctor will notice of your thyoird is better now its to high let's lower dose.

kohl

• WIZARD
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »

Absolutely great and extremely informative subforum.

Again a great asset.

Props to Taeian and LOJ.

Vanity is the healthiest thing in life (Karl Lagerfeld)

rednose

• WIZARD
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »

Can you get vit d from a tanning bed?

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2014, 04:06:07 AM »

Anyways. What meds is she on can't come off.of.

Generally if its hyper they destroy the thyroid then yes she will never come off thyroid meds.. but if its hypo this is wrong if she's just on t4 t3 whichever. Plenty have came off naturally many forums dedicated to it.

Many add in iodine n selenium n slowly ween off the drugs as well as doctor will notice of your thyoird is better now its to high let's lower dose.

I will have to find out which meds and if hypo/hyper for certain. Thanks taeian for your input very informative. I will post once I find out probably in a few hours heading to moms for dinner.

Gymrat727

• Emperor
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »

So it seems everyone takes 5000iu of vitamin d daily I figured that was an absurd amount I live in a sunny state but I'm still ghost white so I figured 2000iu would be beneficial.

HazZzard777

• WIZARD
  • Hands-On
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2014, 04:26:52 PM »

I think Vitamin D can only be build through the UVB rays, but tanning beds have mostly UVA because they give you the bronze color. They still have UVB rays but only a small amount, through the high intensity however you will also get some vitamin D.

quadzilla

• WIZARD
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2014, 12:46:22 PM »

I think Vitamin D can only be build through the UVB rays, but tanning beds have mostly UVA because they give you the bronze color. They still have UVB rays but only a small amount, through the high intensity however you will also get some vitamin D.

yes there are beds that have both uva and uvb, UVB is what you want

quadzilla

• WIZARD
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »

So it seems everyone takes 5000iu of vitamin d daily I figured that was an absurd amount I live in a sunny state but I'm still ghost white so I figured 2000iu would be beneficial.

no not everyone takes vit d at 5000iu , read taien posts, vit d on its own is a bad idea, its the synergy of vit A,D,E, K

http://www.westonaprice.org/fat-soluble-activators/nutritional-adjuncts-to-the-fat-soluble-vitamins

http://gettingstronger.org/2012/11/why-i-dont-take-vitamin-d-supplements/

http://chriskresser.com/separating-fact-from-fiction-on-cod-liver-oil

MAGOBARDO

• WIZARD
  • No Tren No Gain- Heil to GH-15!
    • facebookprofile
Re: vitamin D (spikes IGF-1)
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 05:44:43 PM »

a study comproves,also,VIT D raises significantly IGF-1
link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24005315
Vitamin D increases circulating IGF1 in adults: potential implication for the treatment of GH deficiency.
Ameri P1, Giusti A, Boschetti M, Bovio M, Teti C, Leoncini G, Ferone D, Murialdo G, Minuto F.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVES:
Previous studies suggested that vitamin D modulates circulating IGF1. We investigated this effect in adults and its clinical relevance in the management of GH deficiency (GHD).

DESIGN AND METHODS:
IGF1 levels were prospectively measured before and after 12 weeks of treatment with oral vitamin D3 (5000 or 7000 IU/week) vs no intervention in 39 subjects 61.9?7.9 years old. The frequency of IGF1 values ≥50th age- and sex-specific percentile in relation to vitamin D status, as determined by the concentration of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D), was retrospectively assessed in 69 GHD patients (57.4?16.6 years) on stable hormone replacement and with 25(OH)D and IGF1 concurrently measured.

RESULTS:
Treatment with 5000 and 7000 IU vitamin D3/week significantly raised 25(OH)D by 12.7?8.4 and 13.1?6.5 ng/ml respectively (both P<0.001 vs baseline). In the 7000 IU group, IGF1 levels also significantly increased by 31.3?36.7 ng/ml (P=0.01). Neither 25(OH)D nor IGF1 significantly varied in controls. IGF1 was ≥50th percentile more frequently in GHD patients with 25(OH)D levels ≥15 than <15 ng/ml (65.9 vs 40.0%, P<0.05). Logistic regression with adjustment for recombinant human GH (rhGH) dose, vitamin D supplements, gender, use of thyroid hormones, corticosteroids or estrogen/testosterone, and season revealed a significant positive association between ≥15 ng/ml 25(OH)D and IGF1 ≥50th percentile (OR 4.4, 95% CI 1.0-18.8, P<0.05). A significant negative correlation between 25(OH)D concentrations and rhGH dose was found after correcting for age and IGF1 (β -0.042, P<0.01), but not after further adjusting for sex, thyroid, adrenal or gonadal replacement, and season (β -0.037, P=0.06).

CONCLUSIONS:
[b]Vitamin D increases circulating IGF1 in adults.[/b] As a result, a better vitamin D status may ease the achievement of normal IGF1 values in GHD.
Martial Arts Master with a degree in Functional Training (n BBig-fanatic..!) No Tren No Gain- Heil to GH-15!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up