GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: vitamin D  (Read 7997 times)

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
vitamin D
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »

hello im vitamin D ,, thanks for letting me join gh15.org

id love to hear about myself and how you love me or hate me or don't give a fuck about me

time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

Davlav

• WIZARD
Re: vitamin D
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:42:41 AM »

Being in the UK I get very little sun. A few months ago I started using 5000iu per day D3 and I noticed a big improvement in my skin.

I ran out for two weeks and spots returned. Could be completely unrelated of course but that's my experience.

mayhem99

• WIZARD
  • Power Lifter ~Go big or go home~
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:52:36 AM »

5000iu  D3 every day put my blood work in the middle range for Vit D3.  I was diagnosed low and I felt like crap very low energy and my  joints/bones hurt once my levels came into normal range that all went away.  Good stuff D3   
Try not DO or do not.  There is no try ~ Yoda
Proud Member of TEAM JC
Checkout my log http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=35332.0

iSolus

• WIZARD
  • MTS/PG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:41 AM »

Mayhem, how long did it take you to bring your vitamin D levels back to normal?

Generally, unless in there's 20+ degrees in your country all year round, you will benefit from it in some sort of way. I might as well repost my own mini post on my FB page:

"One of the most underrated vitamins: Vitamin D(3)

The vitamin D deficiency is very common worldwide and except for some African countries(like Kenya and etc.), most people should consider supplementing with it.

Vitamin D deficiency is associated with insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome(both important to bodybuilders), type 2 diabetes, increased risk of cancer, decreased mental functions, high blood pressure, immune system problems and chronic pains.

30 minutes of direct sun exposure generates 10,000 IU?s of Vitamin D and that appears to be the maximum the body will synthesize. So supplementing the body with it at least in the winter, might be(and probably is) very beneficial for one's overall mood, energy levels and many more benefits.

So anything from 5000 to 10000IU should be used daily with the safe limit still being 100000+IU. A year supply of Vitamin D(360 softgells of 5000IU each) costs around 20$ so the investment might be really worth it in the long term."

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:54:11 AM »

I use 5,000 IU daily as well, especially in the winter months.

vitamin D levels are necessary to prevent many diseases, especially cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, endothelial dysfunction, diabetes (both type-1 and type-2), the metabolic syndrome, chronic inflammation, cancer, osteoporosis (including falls and fractures), muscle weakness, cognitive dysfunction and mental illness, autoimmune diseases (e.g. multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis), infectious diseases, as well as infertility and adverse pregnancy and birth outcomes.

Above is from Will Brink, he has an audio podcast and one episode he discusses Vit-D pretty good info, it can be found online, itunes (apple) podcast (andriod) apps.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any issue, here to help.

"You may be an animal, but I'm a monster, and im more terrifying" Cyprus

"I don't lose sleep thinking about my enemies, its my friends that keep me awake!" Falcon

4pennies

• WIZARD
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 04:03:46 AM »

hello im vitamin D ,, thanks for letting me join gh15.org

id love to hear about myself and how you love me or hate me or don't give a fuck about me

Welcome to the board vitamin D.  With some time and quality posts you may make Wizard!  Lol.

I had a blood test last July when I started TRT and found my vitamin D was low.  No surprise there because the doc said just about everyone she tests is low.

I'm going to switch brands after my bottle is gone.  I think the Vitamin Shoppe sold me bunk D3.  I started at 2000 iu ED.  After six weeks no change in my level.  Upped it to 4000 iu for a few months and had a blood test last month still no change.  I'm taking 6000 iu now.  I guess I will see what happens in another few months.

Edit:  Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality brand?

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 04:23:24 AM »

^ comon fellas I don't need to tel yu that vitamin d need to cme in dry form you should know it ...the  gel capsul form you can use to stiff in yru girls ass make sure its not getting lost there

vitamin d wil only work in dry form ,, I mean it may work 10% from the gel thingy you see around but if you want to see number go up in tests yu wil need to use dry form aka TABLET

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

Lean82

• JEDI
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 04:48:58 AM »

^ comon fellas I don't need to tel yu that vitamin d need to cme in dry form you should know it ...the  gel capsul form you can use to stiff in yru girls ass make sure its not getting lost there

vitamin d wil only work in dry form ,, I mean it may work 10% from the gel thingy you see around but if you want to see number go up in tests yu wil need to use dry form aka TABLET

gh15 approved

Huh? I have NEVER heard or seen this before. Please show us a picture of what you are talking about. I get PRESCRIPTION vitamin d3 directly from doctor/pharmacy and it is a liquid softgel capsule.
I am not in charge of anything on this forum, and I do not & can not make any type of changes. So if you need something done on your account or any issues resolved, please DO NOT PM me, but rather reach out to a forum moderator. Thank you.

4pennies

• WIZARD
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 04:51:13 AM »

gh15 approved

I guess you did need to tell me.  Lol.  I have never heard this before, even from my doctor.  Tablets will be my next purchase when I get vitamins again.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 05:02:45 AM »

gh15 approved

Huh? I have NEVER heard or seen this before. Please show us a picture of what you are talking about. I get PRESCRIPTION vitamin d3 directly from doctor/pharmacy and it is a liquid softgel capsule.

not absorbed as well ,, vitamin d I think ...I read it in few places that its not absorbed as well,, actualy only 20% absorbed this is why so many have vitamin d deficiencys in blood tests ,, its all over the internet if you look for it ,, you want the dry form of d,,,some say it doesn't mater but blood showed diferent 

gh15 approved

kohl

• WIZARD
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:53 AM »

gh15 approved

I second Lean's request to show us pictures of stuffing it into girlfriend's ass.
Vanity is the healthiest thing in life (Karl Lagerfeld)

Lean82

• JEDI
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 07:45:51 AM »

Lol.
I am not in charge of anything on this forum, and I do not & can not make any type of changes. So if you need something done on your account or any issues resolved, please DO NOT PM me, but rather reach out to a forum moderator. Thank you.

ztinman

• WIZARD
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »

5,000 iu a day here as well, way too important and most people over look it. Everyone is so scared of the sun these days but don't take into account the vitamin d they are missing out on, not to mention the fact that a lot of the places people live cannot get adequate vitamin d from the sun alone.

4pennies

• WIZARD
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »

gh15 approved

I second Lean's request to show us pictures of stuffing it into girlfriend's ass.

^^^^ Lol.  I assumed D3 was packaged in gelcaps suspended in oil because it is fat soluble.  I will try he tablets and take them with a higher fat meal to try to help with absorption.

mayhem99

• WIZARD
  • Power Lifter ~Go big or go home~
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »

Mayhem, how long did it take you to bring your vitamin D levels back to normal?

Generally, unless in there's 20+ degrees in your country all year round, you will benefit from it in some sort of way. I might as well repost my own mini post on my FB page:

"One of the most underrated vitamins: Vitamin D(3)

The vitamin D deficiency is very common worldwide and except for some African countries(like Kenya and etc.), most people should consider supplementing with it.

Vitamin D deficiency is associated with insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome(both important to bodybuilders), type 2 diabetes, increased risk of cancer, decreased mental functions, high blood pressure, immune system problems and chronic pains.

30 minutes of direct sun exposure generates 10,000 IU?s of Vitamin D and that appears to be the maximum the body will synthesize. So supplementing the body with it at least in the winter, might be(and probably is) very beneficial for one's overall mood, energy levels and many more benefits.

So anything from 5000 to 10000IU should be used daily with the safe limit still being 100000+IU. A year supply of Vitamin D(360 softgells of 5000IU each) costs around 20$ so the investment might be really worth it in the long term."

My blood test where 1 month apart.  It was in range by the end of the first month low end of the range but in after the second I was in the middle and holding.  I felt better after about two weeks.  Doctor told me flat out that I was scary low and it was a wonder my brain was functional. 
Try not DO or do not.  There is no try ~ Yoda
Proud Member of TEAM JC
Checkout my log http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=35332.0

Lean82

• JEDI
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

gh15 approved

^^^^ Lol.  I assumed D3 was packaged in gelcaps suspended in oil because it is fat soluble.  I will try he tablets and take them with a higher fat meal to try to help with absorption.

I have searched high and low for Vit D3 tablets and while I have found a couple of brands, I have found no such information stating that it is superior to gelcaps or that gelcaps are poorly absorbed. On 10,000iu of D3 gelcaps daily, my blood levels (and there is a SPECIFIC vitamin d3 blood test that your doctor must do in order to get the proper measurement!!) are on the high end of things so they are obviously working very well.

The ONLY thing that you must be concerned with is this:
Supplemental vitamin D comes in two forms:

Ergocalciferol (vitamin D2)
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)

Vitamin D2 is garbage and you want to make sure that you are taking Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).

4pennies

• WIZARD
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 10:03:18 AM »

gh15 approved

I have searched high and low for Vit D3 tablets and while I have found a couple of brands, I have found no such information stating that it is superior to gelcaps or that gelcaps are poorly absorbed. On 10,000iu of D3 gelcaps daily, my blood levels (and there is a SPECIFIC vitamin d3 blood test that your doctor must do in order to get the proper measurement!!) are on the high end of things so they are obviously working very well.

The ONLY thing that you must be concerned with is this:
Supplemental vitamin D comes in two forms:

Ergocalciferol (vitamin D2)
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)

Vitamin D2 is garbage and you want to make sure that you are taking Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).

Yeah the doc told me to buy D3.  If things don't change on my next blood test I'm going to ask for a prescription.  Either my D3 is bunk (lol) or I'm not absorbing it properly.  I'm going to have to do some research on absorption.

thomasre7

• WIZARD
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 10:24:50 AM »

I take 10,000 ius of vit d daily. I used to take it when I would PCT. Without the shitty drugs like clomid/nolva I bounced my test from 107 to 800. Got tested at 98ng/dl. Used clomid, which I assume was bunk. Came back at 107ng/dl a month later. Used 10,000 iu of vitamin d for 2 months and got retested at 800 something

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »

hwo the fuck can I find this shit what do I lok to you like internet librarian

just write vitamin d dry or wet or something

wait

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »

here,, crazy ocd ladys talk this is what jump me in eyes first thing after 1 second pf putting it on internet

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3531718/Wet-vs-Dry-Vitamins/

gh15 approved

skk

• WIZARD
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:01 AM »

worried that its so cheap perhaps try BulkSupplements Pure Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) Powder

100 grams of this shit costs the same as 25 pills x 1000iu from my pharmacy
trenbolona and gh is like adam and eve,, trenbolona was made out of the gh rib,, it is twin hormones one if the brain one is the heart,, they can go along same time any time and ofcourse it is the only way to the top

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »

worried that its so cheap perhaps try BulkSupplements Pure Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) Powder

100 grams of this shit costs the same as 25 pills x 1000iu from my pharmacy

From what I gathered from the above posts, it seems "Dry" is the way to go. This is great and will try it out. Actually a family member has very low level and is having trouble to maintain d3 levels. Im going to try this out, and might as well buy in bulk thanks for the link.

"I don't lose sleep thinking about my enemies, its my friends that keep me awake!" Falcon

MAGOBARDO

• WIZARD
  • No Tren No Gain- Heil to GH-15!
    • facebookprofile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »

WELL,OVER HERE (bRAZIL) WE HAVE  ALL THESE VITAMINS IN INJECTABLE-form..the lipo-soluble ones (A,D,E and K)comes in oil-base,so I use to inject them along my AASs just to increase the volume of injected oils, in specific muscles,to stretching the fascia and so on,like almost all "Pros"do it. And for the water-soluble ones (B1, B12, C) I inject on the glutes. And at leastfor my side, the injectable ones have been so much more efficient than pills...C maily..as an ecto, have been struggled with respiratoryproblemsin the past..and now, every at my current 50yo, I cannot remember a flu,sinus,and so on in the past2 or 3 years..What do ya think about this LOJ?
Martial Arts Master with a degree in Functional Training (n BBig-fanatic..!) No Tren No Gain- Heil to GH-15!

Lean82

• JEDI
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

LOJ, what you posted is from an obesity forum and one of the posters on the obesity forum says this:
The "wet" vitamins are in an oil based solution, therefore you malabsorb roughtly 80% of what is in the "wet" vitamin rendering the vitamin useless to our bodies.
This sounds EXACTLY like what you were telling us...that we only abosrb 20% of our liquid/wet Vitamin D. This appears all fine and dandy and it looks as though we all need to make the switch to dry vitamin D until you dig a little bit deeper and do some more research.

Don't worry, I did all of the heavy lifting and digging for all of you, and what I found and what people NEED to notice is that the above forum posted by gh15 is for obese people who have had gastric bypass surgery or a surgery called Duodenal Switch procedue (they refer to themselves as "DSers") and the quoted poster is speaking about those individuals who have had these surgeries and thus can not absorb certain vitamins/minerals due to the reconstructive surgeries they have had.

The poster's instructions that people need to consume dry vitamins are NOT instructions for normal/healthy people. 

One of the posters goes on to explain:
DSers malabsorb A, D, E, & K.  These are the vitamins that you have to take in dry form for them to absorb correctly in your body.  ADEK's are usually in an oil and so will not absorb into your body.  You have to have these in a form your new plumbing will absorb.  I take 50,000 I.U. dry  D3, 25,000 I.U. dry A, and need to order some dry E.  Apparently the dry K isn't as big of a deal as the other three.  You can get all of these from Vitalady.com. Michelle will be along soon, I'm sure!

And lastly here is a quote from a supplement review board that is discussing the differences between "wet" and "dry" vitamins. Pay attention to the last two sentence. The sentence in red actually suggests that unless you have had stomach surgery, that wet Vitamin D is actually BETTER FOR YOU:
You can find low doses of vitamin D3 in any drugstore, grocery store or other store that carries vitamins. Most stores carry both dry vitamin D3 and vitamin D3 in oil. Since vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, many people absorb vitamin D3 better when it's in oil. However, some people need dry vitamin D3, including those that had bariatric surgery. If you have had your gall bladder removed, you may also absorb dry vitamin D3 better.

So it appears as though unless you have some sort of medical condition or reconstructive surgery in of your stomach, gall bladder, or intestines, that you will have no problem absorbing regular wet/liquid Vitamin D capsules.

Obviously it won't "hurt" to consume dry Vitamin D, so if that's what you want to take, then go right ahead, but I am not seeing any data that shows that healthy GI people NEED dry Vitamin D.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 09:23:12 PM »

me neither after reading this ,, so vitamin d in the gel cap is fine good I can use the shit I got here  in the cabinet

gh15 approved

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »

LOJ, what you posted is from an obesity forum and one of the posters on the obesity forum says this:
The "wet" vitamins are in an oil based solution, therefore you malabsorb roughtly 80% of what is in the "wet" vitamin rendering the vitamin useless to our bodies.
This sounds EXACTLY like what you were telling us...that we only abosrb 20% of our liquid/wet Vitamin D. This appears all fine and dandy and it looks as though we all need to make the switch to dry vitamin D until you dig a little bit deeper and do some more research.

Don't worry, I did all of the heavy lifting and digging for all of you, and what I found and what people NEED to notice is that the above forum posted by gh15 is for obese people who have had gastric bypass surgery or a surgery called Duodenal Switch procedue (they refer to themselves as "DSers") and the quoted poster is speaking about those individuals who have had these surgeries and thus can not absorb certain vitamins/minerals due to the reconstructive surgeries they have had.

The poster's instructions that people need to consume dry vitamins are NOT instructions for normal/healthy people. 

One of the posters goes on to explain:
DSers malabsorb A, D, E, & K.  These are the vitamins that you have to take in dry form for them to absorb correctly in your body.  ADEK's are usually in an oil and so will not absorb into your body.  You have to have these in a form your new plumbing will absorb.  I take 50,000 I.U. dry  D3, 25,000 I.U. dry A, and need to order some dry E.  Apparently the dry K isn't as big of a deal as the other three.  You can get all of these from Vitalady.com. Michelle will be along soon, I'm sure!

And lastly here is a quote from a supplement review board that is discussing the differences between "wet" and "dry" vitamins. Pay attention to the last two sentence. The sentence in red actually suggests that unless you have had stomach surgery, that wet Vitamin D is actually BETTER FOR YOU:
You can find low doses of vitamin D3 in any drugstore, grocery store or other store that carries vitamins. Most stores carry both dry vitamin D3 and vitamin D3 in oil. Since vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, many people absorb vitamin D3 better when it's in oil. However, some people need dry vitamin D3, including those that had bariatric surgery. If you have had your gall bladder removed, you may also absorb dry vitamin D3 better.

So it appears as though unless you have some sort of medical condition or reconstructive surgery in of your stomach, gall bladder, or intestines, that you will have no problem absorbing regular wet/liquid Vitamin D capsules.

Obviously it won't "hurt" to consume dry Vitamin D, so if that's what you want to take, then go right ahead, but I am not seeing any data that shows that healthy GI people NEED dry Vitamin D.

me neither after reading this ,, so vitamin d in the gel cap is fine good I can use the shit I got here  in the cabinet

gh15 approved

Cant find anything on Wet vs Dry either, just spent half hour on goolge scholar, and nothing. It would make for an interesting study though, to cmpoare the differences if any.

Lean82

• JEDI
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 01:16:11 AM »

gh15 approved

Lol, causing my nerd gene to kick in LOJ and "making"  me get my nerd compulsion to go and do all of this research haha!

Well I guess maybe we all learned something...I know that I did as I had never even actually heard of dry vitamins in this sense.

iSolus

• WIZARD
  • MTS/PG
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 01:35:14 AM »

Yes, softgells are good to go and most of the time(at least when the product is not the cheapest) they add 1-2 grams of fat so there is no necessity to take it with a meal. Just for the convenience, in case a person don't like taking pills before/with/after a meal.

taeian

• Emperor
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 02:45:46 AM »

One thing I hate when doctors say u need more vitamin d. Here take absurd dose to get levels up nothing else..

Ok so we get to much calcium from all foods added with extra. We eat four times calcium then Japanese women yet suffer hundred times osteoporosis rates. So we over load calcium n sometimes d. So d helps uptake of calcium to blood. Creating more arterial calcification. Number one leader of heart disease. Aka bodybuilders making our hearts worse.

Why don't doctors say now u need k2 as k2 will tkae the calcium d let in. Out of blood into bones. And proven to rprevent n reverse arterial calcification.  France study where they ate twice as much k2 I think it was twice anyways suffered. Over 50 percent less heart disease then us. Since there cows eat grass so butter etc has k2 in it where we don't get it.

So we taking steroids which I think makes it tiny tiny tiny bit worse. But add all this calcium we are fuxking ourselfs over. So let's prevent it.  N reverse damage done.

Doctors just a sick circle take this d to help with d problems so we get u heart disease n ull be back for more visists n surgeries.

Look up galaky Japan synthetic pharma drug just k2.... Mk4 reverse arterial calfication.. n osteoporosis. Yet America says therew no cure.. ok........
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up