GH15

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: TOP 10 Supplements!  (Read 26242 times)

Lean82

• JEDI
TOP 10 Supplements!
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »

Okay, I want this thread to be a great success and I especially want to hear from our two top Professor Moderators, taeianen and HazZzard777.

Basically what I'm looking for is for everyone to list 1 through 10 their TOP 10 list of supplements, vitaimins, minerals, herbs, etc...whatever...you know what I mean.

1. Then list WHY this supplement is important...ie the reason to take this supplement or what it is supposed to help with in our bodies (eg CoQ10 for the heart, garlic for infections, Vitamin C for immune system, etc)
2. Then list the recommended dose to take for actual benefits

I feel that this thread will be very important in having us focus on the main things that we need to go out and spend our hard earned money, and that will also help to ensure that we are keeping ourselves in the best of health.

And of course if you don't have 10 items to list, then simply list your Top 8 or your Top 5 or whatever. I just want to get a good compilation of what is out there that we feel TRULY works and will be of great benefit to us bodybuilders and athletes.

And lastly, just like all other areas of this board, this thread wants REAL LIFE, HANDS ON experience and reviews. So while yes, you can put that your mother's brother's best friends ex-boyfriend used "Compound G" to cure their cancer, this section will have a lot more strength and credibility if the supplement suggestions given here are actually ones that YOU have used firsthand and have actual experience and personal testimonial to go along with your advice.

Thanks and good luck!

Lean82
Head Moderator
Press Secretary to gh15
I am not in charge of anything on this forum, and I do not & can not make any type of changes. So if you need something done on your account or any issues resolved, please DO NOT PM me, but rather reach out to a forum moderator. Thank you.

conn1994

• WIZARD
Re: TOP 10 Supplements!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »

Well I'll start by adding my favourite natural supplement which is Melatonin.

Melatonin is infact the 'sleep hormone.' Your pineal gland produces this hormone when you enter into deep stages of sleep. Supplementing it is easy, take 3-5mg around 10-20 minutes before bed, usually I put a 3mg tablet under my tongue so it works faster. Since supplementing with melatonin I've noticed I fall asleep much quicker and have deeper sleeps (including unusual dreams.) Melatonin supplementation is very cheap (100 x 3mg tablets for $3-5) and considered to be safe.

PROS:
Deeper sleep
Fall asleep faster
Helps you relax before bed
Safe to use when needed
Cheap
Enter REM sleep faster, essential for proper recovery

CONS:
Some people may feel groggier in the morning
Don't want to use nightly, may suppress natural melatonin production if used every night.

Some evidence supporting my experience:

Does melatonin work?

Melatonin is likely effective for several sleep issues, research shows. Studies show melatonin can encourage sleep in children who suffer from insomnia related to autism, mental retardation and other central nervous system disorders, according to the National Institutes of Health. In 2001, double-blind study of 20 children with developmental disabilities showed all but two children fell asleep faster when taking melatonin compared with a placebo.

There is some evidence that melatonin may help cancer medications fight tumors and decrease the side effects of cancer treatment. One study of cells in a test tube found melatonin reduced the growth of slowly-metastatic breast cancer cells, meaning cancer cells that slowly start to spread to other types of tissue. Melatonin also reduced the growth of non-metastatic breast cancer cells, according to the paper published in 2001 in the journal Bioelectromagnetics.

The only other natural supplements I use are fish oil, ZMA, multivitamin and testosterone lol.. however with a balanced diet I do feel these are unnecessary (except the test :D) and effects aren't really noticeable... there is alot of evidence to also suggest that ZMA supplementation before bed helps deeper sleep so usually I'll supplement that with 3mg melatonin.

Please Note: Comments made are merely cyber role playing and do not describe intent nor real life.

Lebaneselion

• WIZARD
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »

Fish oil
Multi vitamin
Vitamin c
Zma
Protein powder
Glucasamine

These are what i use and find important for health, joints.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
  • i dont withness history,, i write it
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »

no protein ***** discussions,,those are not what this section is for ...you can say in general prtien powder like you did but no names...its all same balonie made in Beverly international and its all full of shit chemicals ,, we use eggwhites drinks here

so if you indeed use prtien powder you can write protein ppowder but no name mentioning ,,,last thing we need is to help them sell this shit after al the lies and the misinformation they provided in magazines all along the years

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

I TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT
PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO TO THEIR BODY!
IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

Finajet

• Duke
  • Trenbolona Acetato
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »

Ill start off with Niacin, Apart of the Vitamin B family

Pro's
Antioxidant effect
Blood sugar control
Decrease of cholesterol levels
Detoxification
Production of adrenal hormones
Production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
Production of sex hormones
REDUCES cholesterol and raises good cholesterol
Brings out the veins
Notice slight more better pump in gym
CHEAP
Must have

Con's
Flushes skin ( makes it really red sometimes )
Can be very very itchy!

I like this supplement because it is healthy for your heart and the veins come out real nice along with a pump, i think everyone should have this product in there natural arsenal because it is fairly cheap and works great with fishoil. Here is some other good information.

1. Niacin Lowers Cholesterol Levels

Vitamin B3 decreases the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Besides lowering the LDL cholesterol levels, which is known as bad cholesterol, niacin also increases HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels, which is known as good cholesterol. In fact, the latter effect seems to be more prominent than the effect on LDL cholesterol. This vitamin is able to reduce cholesterol levels by preventing this substance from getting accumulated in the liver and on the arteries. For this, niacin needs to be taken in high doses and although it is very effective on its own, sometimes it may also be combined with other medication.

Vitamin B3 and the Prevention of Atherosclerosis

Niacin is also involved in the production of histamine, which is a chemical compound capable of dilating blood vessels. This way, blood circulation is improved to all the areas of the body, which means that hands and feet will benefit from this effect, too. When administered in high doses, inositol hexaniacinate - the form of niacin responsible for this effect, is able to prevent atherosclerosis. In addition, the risk of heart attack and peripheral vascular disease also decreases considerably. Blood circulation problems are often painful, but vitamin B3 is very reliable, both in the prevention and in the treatment of such disorders. The best effects are obtained when vitamin B3 is combined with simvastatin, a drug that is used for lowering cholesterol levels.

3. Niacinamide and the Prevention of Diabetes

Niacinamide represents a chemical substance found in the composition of vitamin B3. This substance is believed to be effective for preventing diabetes and also for delaying the need for insulin. According to some studies conducted on animals, niacinamide improves the efficiency of the oral drug treatment that is administered for diabetes. However, you should not take niacin prior to consulting a health care provider, as this vitamin is suspected for increasing blood sugar levels.

4. Vitamin B3 as Treatment for Osteoarthritis

Niacinamide also seems to be very effective in increasing joint mobility. Correlated with the facts that niacin enhances muscle strength and reduces muscle and joint fatigue, this means that vitamin B3 can be successfully used in the treatment of osteoarthritis. If it is administered in high doses each day, effects are observed in 3 to 4 months. Niacin is also appreciated for its anti-inflammatory effect, which makes it a proper treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. Worn down cartilage is rebuild when sufficient vitamin B3 is taken.
Get Big or Die Trying.

• WIZARD
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »

Coconut oil
Cinnamon
Hemp Protein
Green Tea/ extract

ALL ORGANIC OF COURSE

Coconut oil: Best fat out there, a must lots of benefits, hair, heart , skin, liver, kidney.. the list goes on...I put a little on my oats every morning and use it for cooking as well.

Cinnamon: Helps with blood high pressure and steady BG levels +bad cholesterol ..goes on my oats as well.

Hemp Protein: Hemp is a wonder plant, containing all eight of the essential amino acids as well as Omega 3 & 6 + plant fibre. If i use protein powder its purely Hemp protein.

Green Tea : loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the human body, i drink this every day.

At any time in this world hatred never ceases by hatred but through non-hatred it ceases. This is an eternal law.

Lean82

• JEDI
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:06:32 PM »

PLEASE READ MY OP...I ALSO ASKED FOR RECOMMENDED DOSE.

And please do not overdo it with the "COPY/PASTE" from Google. I can easily type in a vitamin to Google and read all of that shit myself. We are looking for what it did for you....NOT what Mr. Google and supplement.com says it should do.

Remember, HANDS ON.

Thanks!  :)
I am not in charge of anything on this forum, and I do not & can not make any type of changes. So if you need something done on your account or any issues resolved, please DO NOT PM me, but rather reach out to a forum moderator. Thank you.

crusher777

• WIZARD
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »

Personally I don't think OTC supps make much of a difference at all.  How do you even know what your taking is actually what the bottle says it is?  Typically you're not going to "feel" health supplements working, so there is no good way to judge whether or not what you're taking is helping.  For all you know every health supp your taking could be a placebo.  IMO if you have a real health problem you're better off going to a doctor and getting a prescription.  I am prescribed Niacin ER and Crestor for high cholesterol.  I take red yeast rice as well just because my doctor tells me too, but I have no idea if it helps.  When I first found out my cholesterol was high I started taking fish oil and red yeast rice.  It was actually worse the next time I got bloodwork.  Only prescription meds have been able to lower my cholesterol (without coming off gear).

truthseeker

• WIZARD
  • Let's do this
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »

Right now I'm taking now food's adam as a multi
plus 5.000IUs of vitamin D a day
I do use protein powder to reach macros, but very little
But every year you grow, you will find me bigger. - Aslan (C.S. Lewis's - Chronichles of Narnia)

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:43 PM »

Personally I don't think OTC supps make much of a difference at all.  How do you even know what your taking is actually what the bottle says it is?  Typically you're not going to "feel" health supplements working, so there is no good way to judge whether or not what you're taking is helping.  For all you know every health supp your taking could be a placebo.  IMO if you have a real health problem you're better off going to a doctor and getting a prescription.  I am prescribed Niacin ER and Crestor for high cholesterol.  I take red yeast rice as well just because my doctor tells me too, but I have no idea if it helps.  When I first found out my cholesterol was high I started taking fish oil and red yeast rice.  It was actually worse the next time I got bloodwork.  Only prescription meds have been able to lower my cholesterol (without coming off gear).

whatchoo talking about willys

i just telling you in 5 postings already that mega dosing on garlic took away death smell out of my nose...basically ...you can read it in my last few posting i wrote it few times im tired of writing it

but garlic act as antibitics im talking hands on ...did it for me ...right now im only on the third day!! only 4000mg a day i take 4 pills lol you suppose to take 10000 to be considered high dose i take less than half and already took away the nasty smell in my nose and the mucus in the back of the neck i had is much much looser ...it helped big time ...im actualy highly surprised for i thought i would have to be on 10000 mg for maybe 6-7 days to see something...but here i was about to go to doctor to get antibiotics or something and now i don't have that smell and can live with it ...saved me co payment

some things do work 

gh15 approved
time is a loop in space,, at some point in time ...time travel is invented,, therefor time travelers are here,, now.

IM NOT YOUR DOCTOR! I DESCRIBE WHAT I DID AND DO ON MY OWN PHYSIQE,,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ONE'S ACTIONS

crusher777

• WIZARD
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »

i just telling you in 5 postings already that mega dosing on garlic took away death smell out of my nose...basically ...you can read it in my last few posting i wrote it few times im tired of writing it

but garlic act as antibitics im talking hands on ...did it for me ...right now im only on the third day!! only 4000mg a day i take 4 pills lol you suppose to take 10000 to be considered high dose i take less than half and already took away the nasty smell in my nose and the mucus in the back of the neck i had is much much looser ...it helped big time ...im actualy highly surprised for i thought i would have to be on 10000 mg for maybe 6-7 days to see something...but here i was about to go to doctor to get antibiotics or something and now i don't have that smell and can live with it ...saved me co payment

some things do work 

gh15 approved

Interesting.  I wish I could find a natural remedy to help with cholesterol, but nothing I have tried has helped so far.  I also tried CoQ10 and it did nothing as well.

conn1994

• WIZARD
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 08:24:14 PM »

some things do work 

gh15 approved

I used to supplement garlic, makes my skin really itchy for some reason.. also if i scratch it it appears to leave marks similar to hives,
Must have an alergy or something to them
Please Note: Comments made are merely cyber role playing and do not describe intent nor real life.

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »

some things do work 

gh15 approved

Interesting.  I wish I could find a natural remedy to help with cholesterol, but nothing I have tried has helped so far.  I also tried CoQ10 and it did nothing as well.

i tried cq 10 back in the day when i was youngr ,, i didnt know why i just had i took didnt help me with anything,,

gh15 approved

gh15

• SUPERNOVA
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »

some things do work 

gh15 approved

I used to supplement garlic, makes my skin really itchy for some reason.. also if i scratch it it appears to leave marks similar to hives,
Must have an alergy or something to them

yes seem like allergic reaction like some are allergic to pineapple and their throats shuts down on them...your skin shuts down on you and you start itching..some fellas get allergic reactions to diferent things

gh15 approved

Coops01

• Emperor
  • Insert funny tag line
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »

Fish Oil: 5g a day
- Easy way to get good Fats
- At this dose seems to make my skin noticeably clearer from spots etc

Evening Primrose Oil: 3g a day
-Same as Fish Oil; easy way to get good fats
-again; helps keep skin clearer
- Studies have shown it downplays the increase caused by AAS on raising HDL levels
Personally my HDL levels were lower when ive had my bloods checked and was taking Prim Oil BUT my stack was different
Log getting to a stage where im ready to compete:

http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=29707.0

SquatMonkey

• WIZARD
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:59 PM »

Fish oil: joints, heart, use bit higher than recommended dose

Vit c: immune system, also reduces swelling and helps recovery from my weightlifting workouts, mega dose it .. talking grams per day

Vit d: bones, reduce depression, recommended dose

Multi vit which has zinc: zinc gets depleted in athletes, as recommended ... Maybe less like eod

Strap your asshole, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees!

mayhem99

• WIZARD
  • Power Lifter ~Go big or go home~
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »

This is my take on this and it worked for me.

Naringin extract (grape fruit juice)  500mg once a day or 16oz of grape fruit juice REALLY juice not concentrate.

It lowered my hematocrits back down to the normal range with out changing my AAS or having to do blood donation. 

Vit D 5000 iu every day this is a need in your body it does a list of things but for me it gave me back my energy

Magnesium Citrate 200mg every night boost my CNS recovery helps me sleep.

I take fish oil and Vit C  but its been listed these are my MAIN things to take that I have proof of working for me.   
Try not DO or do not.  There is no try ~ Yoda
Proud Member of TEAM JC
Checkout my log http://www.gh15.org/forum/index.php?topic=35332.0

crusher777

• WIZARD
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »

Ill start off with Niacin, Apart of the Vitamin B family

Pro's
Antioxidant effect
Blood sugar control
Decrease of cholesterol levels
Detoxification
Production of adrenal hormones
Production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
Production of sex hormones
REDUCES cholesterol and raises good cholesterol
Brings out the veins
Notice slight more better pump in gym
CHEAP
Must have

Con's
Flushes skin ( makes it really red sometimes )
Can be very very itchy!

I like this supplement because it is healthy for your heart and the veins come out real nice along with a pump, i think everyone should have this product in there natural arsenal because it is fairly cheap and works great with fishoil. Here is some other good information.

1. Niacin Lowers Cholesterol Levels

Vitamin B3 decreases the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Besides lowering the LDL cholesterol levels, which is known as bad cholesterol, niacin also increases HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels, which is known as good cholesterol. In fact, the latter effect seems to be more prominent than the effect on LDL cholesterol. This vitamin is able to reduce cholesterol levels by preventing this substance from getting accumulated in the liver and on the arteries. For this, niacin needs to be taken in high doses and although it is very effective on its own, sometimes it may also be combined with other medication.

Niacin is also involved in the production of histamine, which is a chemical compound capable of dilating blood vessels. This way, blood circulation is improved to all the areas of the body, which means that hands and feet will benefit from this effect, too. When administered in high doses, inositol hexaniacinate - the form of niacin responsible for this effect, is able to prevent atherosclerosis. In addition, the risk of heart attack and peripheral vascular disease also decreases considerably. Blood circulation problems are often painful, but vitamin B3 is very reliable, both in the prevention and in the treatment of such disorders. The best effects are obtained when vitamin B3 is combined with simvastatin, a drug that is used for lowering cholesterol levels.

3. Niacinamide and the Prevention of Diabetes

Niacinamide represents a chemical substance found in the composition of vitamin B3. This substance is believed to be effective for preventing diabetes and also for delaying the need for insulin. According to some studies conducted on animals, niacinamide improves the efficiency of the oral drug treatment that is administered for diabetes. However, you should not take niacin prior to consulting a health care provider, as this vitamin is suspected for increasing blood sugar levels.

4. Vitamin B3 as Treatment for Osteoarthritis

Niacinamide also seems to be very effective in increasing joint mobility. Correlated with the facts that niacin enhances muscle strength and reduces muscle and joint fatigue, this means that vitamin B3 can be successfully used in the treatment of osteoarthritis. If it is administered in high doses each day, effects are observed in 3 to 4 months. Niacin is also appreciated for its anti-inflammatory effect, which makes it a proper treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. Worn down cartilage is rebuild when sufficient vitamin B3 is taken.

How effective do you think OTC niacin is compared to extended release niacin (which is prescription only in the US)?  I am prescribed Niacin ER and it has helped, but haven't tried OTC niacin.  Although my prescription is probably cheaper than OTC niacin anyway.

Finajet

• Duke
  • Trenbolona Acetato
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »

I have personally never tried extended niacin, is that the flush free version? When i am blasting my values look great, but i also use fishoil and other things like garlic, try it out man its cheap and effective IMO
Get Big or Die Trying.

Gatts

• WIZARD
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 10:13:17 PM »

I am a big fan of John Meadows. He is one of the most knowledgeable fellas in regards to micronutirents and health improvement.

I learned from him the great properties from coconut oil.

Coconut oil has lauric acid which will be converted by the body in monolaurin which improves the cells membranes ability to avoid virus penetration.
Actually monolaurin is given to aids patients in order to improve their immune system.

You can only get lauric acid from two sources, one is coconut the other is.... breast milk lol

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Confucius

Diamondz

• WIZARD
  • Eat-Lift-Inject-Sleep-Repeat
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 10:45:45 PM »

no protein ***** discussions,,those are not what this section is for ...you can say in general prtien powder like you did but no names...its all same balonie made in Beverly international and its all full of shit chemicals ,, we use eggwhites drinks here

so if you indeed use prtien powder you can write protein ppowder but no name mentioning ,,,last thing we need is to help them sell this shit after al the lies and the misinformation they provided in magazines all along the years

gh15 approved

True that!

Diamondz

• WIZARD
  • Eat-Lift-Inject-Sleep-Repeat
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »

My top 3:
Multivitamins
Zink and Magnesium
Vitamin C

crusher777

• WIZARD
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 11:42:28 PM »

I have personally never tried extended niacin, is that the flush free version? When i am blasting my values look great, but i also use fishoil and other things like garlic, try it out man its cheap and effective IMO

You need a prescription for extended release niacin.  Even on niacin ER, red yeast rice, and a statin my cholesterol numbers are still shitty while blasting.

MrP

• WIZARD
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »

I seem to have some blood circulation issues, feet always cold, sometimes it gets extremly painful. Started last winter, worked outside and froze my feet probably getting frostbite. I would be in pain some days especially my toes, I ended up going to a specialist and was given cream, which didnt do nothing. I was leaving for a vacation, so the heat plus salt water helped. Now fast forwarding to today; I still get the odd pain when im expossed to cold for long peroids of time.

Is there a reccomended dosage for B3 for circulation?

I was suffering from constantly cold hand and feet. Was estrogen dominant, had gyno etc. All signs of being hypothyroid/ having a not properly working thyroid.

From 777 which was posted after this, but may have some relevance to the above issue?
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any issue, here to help.

"You may be an animal, but I'm a monster, and im more terrifying" Cyprus

"I don't lose sleep thinking about my enemies, its my friends that keep me awake!" Falcon

DorianGrey

• WIZARD
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »

ZMA - Improved sleep and stamina
Melatonin - Deeper and faster sleep, better feeling when awaking in the AM
Fish Oil - low bp, and better food assimilation at least for me, better joints too
Multi-Vitamin - food assimilation and joint support
Arginine - better and longer pumps, might be placebo thou
Green Tea Extract - leaning out effect, good for dieting
Rhodiola - less fatigue and better stress management
baby aspirin - low bp

HazZzard777

• WIZARD
  • Hands-On
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 01:59:23 AM »

It's hard to pick a number 1 or top 10.

ALL is needed in the right amount, TOO much or not enough of anything will cause problems.

And also not easy to give a quick description but I try to.

I can only talk about what I've tried and in what ways it helped me.

Number one for would be Iodine I guess.

- Is needed for a working thyroid, otherwise you become hypothyroid
- 90% of western civilization is deficient in iodine
- without a working thyroid the body simply does not work correctly. Hormones, toxins, everything is controlled by the thyroid

I measured my body temp right in the morning after getting up. It was more than 1?C lower than the recommended body temperature. I was suffering from constantly cold hand and feet. Was estrogen dominant, had gyno etc. All signs of being hypothyroid/ having a not properly working thyroid. Ok for estrogen dominant this could also be due to copper-toxicity but that's another topic

I started with 25mg Iodine in form of Lugol's Iodine. 3-4 hours later I felt the worst in my life. Depressed, dark thoughts, nothing made sense, I was nearly crying.
I soon found out this was from bromide released through the iodine. Bromide entered my bloodstream and made me feel really shit. It's not even funny. Vitamin C can take care of this. AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Before starting with Iodine ALWAYS read up on the topic, get all the needed co-supplements! Magnesium, Selenium is needed for conversion from T4 to T3, Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, B3, Boron.

Iodine is VERY strong at detoxing and this takes up to months if you live on a western diet with soda, baked goods etc. They contain bromide and flouride which replace the iodine in it's receptors.
I'm in the middle of detoxing right now, 1,5 months in and I can take now higher doses of iodine. Usually 3-4 days on and 2-3 days off to give the body and organs like liver, kidneys some time to get rid of the toxins.

What can I say, I feel better, healthier, fitter, my sleep pattern has changed, my skin has become clearer and I'm on 350mg Test without any AI.
Months before my balls were hanging tight, I was craving chocolate like an idiot, acne. All gone now.
I'm hungry all the time, awake and libido is good.
I don't know if all of this is because of the iodine, because I take a lot of other stuff too like zinc, molybdenum, selenium, B-Vitamins. But Iodine is in my opinion one of the MOST IMPORTANT minerals. In fact it's one of the 4 crucial elements for the body. Iodine, soda, salt and water.

It's too big of a topic to cover it here and will have it's own thread with LOTS of info.
This is just a little part.
Look into Dr. Brownsteins work if you are interested.

Remember how often gh15 preaches his japanese sushi? Lots of iodine in seaweed and one of the only ways to get enough through your nutrition.
If you are deficient, iodine will make your body work again. Read it up if you want to. Also taeian has already talked a lot about this.

My body temperature has gone up too, it will take a few months until I am where I want to be but I'm on my way.

Number 2 Coconut oil

As I started to take hormones my hair started shedding, went through my hair and always had 3-5 hairs in my hand. I started to take 3 teaspoons of coconut oil and it stopped soon. Helps your brain and also helps to control estrogen. Really tasty too, haven't much looked into it yet, just started to take it because I heard lots of good things.

Number 3 Apple Cider Vinegar

Has lots of enzymes that helped my digestion. 3 times daily 2 tablespoons 15 minutes before a meal in a warm glass of water. I get really hungry.
Makes your stomach more acidic which is needed for proper digestion. Really important to get all the nutrients from your diet. Also Body PH but that's another big topic!
Lots of things to cover here but as times come those will all be discussed in their own threads.

Number 4 Zinc and Molybdenum

If you are copper toxic, zinc and moly will take care of that. Copper binds estrogen and keeps it in the body. Zinc is a strong natural AI and lots of Bodybuilder already use it and have great success.
100mg Zinc Picolinate and 500-1000mg Molybdenum helped me. At the moment I use 50mg Zinc and 500mg Moly per day.

• WIZARD
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »

some things do work 

gh15 approved
Yea garlic is medicine i use it when im sick fever or what not ... 1 whole one bake it in the oven eat it with salt and olive oil... takes away the sickness .. good stuff
At any time in this world hatred never ceases by hatred but through non-hatred it ceases. This is an eternal law.

iSolus

• WIZARD
  • MTS/PG
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »

High quality Multivitamin:

just making sure I get all my vitamins and minerals daily even with high veggie intake.

Vitamin D3 5000-10000IU:

I live in a country where there's basically no sun, so automatically I am highly deficient, one of the best things for the mood and happiness.

Caffeine at 400-800mg/day:

Energy boost, alertness, better workouts and so many other benefits. Can't live with it, never had any problems because of it.

5-HTP at 100-300mg 2-3x per day:

Helps with sleep efficiency, mood, anxiety and depression. Love it. No sides effects either.

Right now, there's too little evidence for me to buy/need anything else so I always stick to these basics.

deadlift

• WIZARD
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »

top 3
1. niacin 300 - 500mg daily
2. c0q10 300mg daily
3. Macadamia nut oil 60ml daily

animal23

• Conditional Junior
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 03:45:03 AM »